Tuesday, September 09, 2014

Twist Fibre Festival

twistfibrefest eugeniasfelts

On Saturday August 23rd, I went on a road trip with my friend Sara to Saint-André-Avellin, Quebec, to check out Twist Fibre Festival. It was a nice hour and a half drive from our houses, on a very beautiful scenic route. (Above right photo is some items our friend Eugenia was selling in her booth).

 ashfordbooth bombedwheel

Ashford had a booth at the festival (left hand photo) and as of this past week, the shop is officially an Ashford dealer. I am VERY excited about this. I am taking a weaving class soon as I’ve wanted to learn how to weave for a very long time. Weaving will definitely help me use up my yarn stash! There was also a yarn bombed spinning wheel at the show in one of the booths.

purlingjs ownerpurlingj

One of the coolest things was the Purling J’s Roving Yarn Co truck. They hail from Kingston, Ontario, and it’s the coolest thing ever. A mobile yarn store. How cool!??!!

meinsidepurlingjs knittingattwist

(Left, me inside the truck)
(Right, me knitting at Eugenia’s booth, just hanging out).

sangriadinner

After the festival, I went out for dinner in Saint-André-Avellin with Sara, Eugenia & Manon. Eugenia & Manon happen to be on my exec for the knitting guild this year (I was elected President this past May for this upcoming year). We had drinks, some of us knitted, we talked about our purchases from the day, and it was very nice & relaxing. The restaurant we went to, Au Vieux Chaudron was very tasty. I even had lunch, at the festival, with a lot of Knitting Guild Members. It was really nice to meet up with them at the festival.

3 comments:

Monica said...

I wish I could have joined you too! I also enjoyed the visit, and my fave was the truck!
Weaving??? My interest is peaked!

Teena in Toronto said...

I bet you were like a kid in a candy store :)

g-girl said...

There was someone at Stitches who had a yarn truck too!