Friday, August 16, 2013

A Color Affliction

caskal1

7 of us in my weekly knitting group (of about 15 of us), decided to do a knit-a-long this summer. We had all fallen in love with the gorgeous Color Affection Shawl, and after planning out what yarn we would all use (I settled on 3 nearly solid Colinette Jitterbug colors and most of our knit-a-long gals going with Knit Picks Palette), we started the knit-a-long in mid July. I had another project I had to finish first, the blanket which I showed you yesterday, so I kind of casted on with the group, but then put it aside until I was done with my deadline. Then when I finally picked up this pattern, I think I started & frogged it about 8 times until I finally got it right, and got it going. Here’s my Ravelry project page.

CASprog2

I am breezing through this pattern now that I’m on a roll.

cash2colors

I am loving the way the colors are coming together. I started with Lobster Pinch, then I added in Elephant’s Dream and then next color that will go in will be Ginger Cinnebar. (I just love the names of the yarn).

prognow

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I want to make that one, but I've resisted b/c I don't know if it's a shape I'll wear much. Can't wait to see yours!

Teena in Toronto said...

I just checked the pattern out ... it's gorgeous!

Celia said...

Very nice!

elns said...

I love your color selection, can't wait to see how it turns out!

Spinner said...

Can't wait to see how it turns out. I've checked out that pattern so many times but can never quite decide to start it. Tempted again, I'm off to check the stash. Your colour choices are gorgeous!