Sunday, February 10, 2013

Finally Finished

sweater1

A year and a half later, I finally seamed Wyatt. I have NO idea what took me a year and a half to seam it, but it’s been finished since June 30, 2011. Maybe it’s because I knew there would be no way it would actually fit Sean when I finished it – who it was intended for. Mackenzie probably could have worn it. Now, maybe it would possibly fit Quentin in the fall for next winter. I plan to try it on him this week and see how it fits him now. It seems it’s wide enough to fit him now, but the sleeves & length are probably going to be a bit long for him. I had knit this up in a NB-9 month size, and it fit Quentin when he was 13 weeks old and wore it for a few weeks. He was 9 lbs 5 oz at 13 weeks old. No way a 9 month old could fit into the smallest size, which the designer marked as NB-9 month old. Most 13 week olds are a lot large than 9 lbs 5 oz (Quentin was a preemie born at 5 lbs 10 oz,, but dropping to 4 and a half lbs). Anyhow, there is something definitely off by the sizing in this pattern, and I don’t think I’ll knit this one again. (Looking back at the pics of Quentin in the original Wyatt I knit for him, I miss him that size!) Onto the next WIP… I’m trying to clear those out! (It’s about time!)

sweater2

5 comments:

Celia said...

That looks adorable! Finishing seams is so tedious!

Gabriela said...

oh, I LOVE the color of this sweater! I'm trying to get through my WIPs also, I'm glad you got the seaming done on this so you could make it an "official" FO.

Teena in Toronto said...

Awesome colour!

g-girl said...

love the color! :)

Spinner said...

So cute! And the colour is gorgeous. The only baby sweater I managed to finish was the Weasley sweater from Alison Hansel's book of Harry Potter themed knits called Charmed Knits. It wasn't intended to be a baby sweater so I improvised. However, had never knitted for a baby before and didn't know about their massive head size. So it is worn by a teddy bear who presides over the boy's bookshelf. Still cute but not what I had planned :0