Thursday, December 06, 2012

Just My Luck….

I bought a dealfind voucher for 2x60 minute massages back in July (voucher expires Jan 15, 2013) at a spa about 30 minutes from my home. At the end of the summer I started making calls to book the 1st of the 2 massages. After 2 months of calling & leaving messages with no call back from the Spa (I left detailed messages with my name/number and why I was calling), I finally got through to someone around Halloween and booked an apt for today, as it was her first available date. All month I've been looking forward to this massage. This week, I got really excited for this massage. This morning I woke up thinking, YEY! Massage today! I left on time, got there a few minutes early, only to discover that the spa I bought the deal for no longer exists, the owner went bankrupt recently, and a new owner took over the space Dec 1st. It's still a Spa, with the same phone number, but they will not honour the voucher, and didn't even have a massage therapist there today. I am LIVID. I’ve contacted dealfind, and I am waiting for a response. And I'm probably going to get stuck with dealfind dollars, not a refund. THIS SUCKS! All I wanted was a nice relaxing massage and now I'm even more tense from anger over the entire situation, especially after spending an hour in the car driving there & back.

6 comments:

Celia said...

Oh no! I hope you are able to get a refund.

Gabriela said...

That's awful! I hope they give you a refund. I better go check on some of my vouchers I've bought and make sure they're not expired or out of business.

Taci simmons said...

That is truly disappointing... I hate when that happens.

Sandra said...

I've heard this kind of thing far too many times. That's why I won't use Dealfind or Groupon any more. Once burned, twice stupid!

Unknown said...

I had a similar issue, I think it was living social I used though, I ended up FINALLY getting the item in my deal but it was a pain in the butt to get it. Now I don't trust them. And all I got out of it was a $5 voucher towards another deal...

Teena in Toronto said...

I've never bought those kinds of deals ... I've heard too many horror stories of people getting ripped off.