Monday, June 18, 2012

First Day

daycare

Quentin started daycare today. He went for just a few hours in the morning, and stayed for lunch. His teachers weren’t ready for him at nap time yet, so I picked him up just before the others went down for their nap. He took off running into the class when I dropped him off. Wanted nothing to do with me. THANKS QUENTIN!!! My baby starts daycare, and he’s totally independent. Actually, I think that made it SO much easier on me. Tomorrow he’ll go for just a little bit in the morning, as we have one of our last music classes in the late morning, which I don’t want him to miss. I’m hoping we can work up so that by the end of the week he’s napping at daycare too. I need him to be there all day by the end of the week, so that I don’t have to chase him around while I’m in Mackenzie’s classroom for his year end concert. (I can’t wait to see Mackenzie perform, it’s all he talks about!)

I forgot what bliss it is to run errands without a child in tow. I was able to take care of a few things this morning while Quentin was in daycare. Normally, I work from home, but I managed to finish up all today’s work last night while Jamie was at baseball, so I had time this morning to check off a few other items on my to do list.

Hopefully tomorrow goes as smoothly as today went. I’m also loving (for now, until Sean starts Kindergarten) this one stop drop off.

4 comments:

Jules said...

glad it went well - M also could care less when I pick her up/drop her off at school. One day she'll need me for something, right? LOL

Taci simmons said...

How nice... Enjoy yr free time! I remember when those couple hours a day were so productive... My kids are teens now, but we still have lots of fun together... :)

g-girl said...

That's great Quentin just ran into daycare. I hope today was just as easy!

Celia said...

Awww! He will love getting to play with other kids and you will be able to get a break.