Thursday, April 05, 2012

Feeling Great

12lbsdown

I feel great! I'm down about 15 lbs since the beginning of the year. Finally passed the plateau that I was stuck on since about (Canadian) Thanksgiving. I've been so good this year so far, and I'm so close to my goal now - I can smell the finish line. Except on nights where the kids don't sleep the night (like Tuesday night to Wednesday morning of this week, where Sean woke up 2x and Quentin got up 2 other times in the middle of the night and I was a walking zombie on Wednesday), I feel more energetic, after dropping some weight. My goal is to buy myself a bikini (and look good in it) for my birthday this year (in June). I can so do it! I know I can! Determination and discipline have been key. I am not even exercising that much (unless you count chasing after my 3 kids), but eating healthy - and cut out all sugar & haven't touched (diet) soda in almost a month now. I also introduced 8+ glasses of water a day into my life... which I wasn't getting before, I would drink a diet pepsi glass after diet pepsi glass... (NOT GOOD even if Diet!) Are you making any changes in your life? If so, please share! Is it working for you? My favorite part of losing weight... my curvy baby bearing hips... are almost gone! I no longer have love handles too... and I've started to pull out my 2009 wardrobe, which I bought after losing 40+ lbs in 2009 after having both Sean & Mackenzie. So close... I can smell it! I can't wait until all of my 2009 wardrobe fits!

14 comments:

Celia said...

Hot Mama!

Unknown said...

congrads!!!

Keep up the good work! As a Mother of 4 children myself I know how hard it can be.

I am very proud of you!

Caroline said...

You look fantastic! I'm so proud of you :)

Gabriela said...

Congratulations! I've been stuck on weight loss. I really need to be more strict about the gluten free plan my acupuncturist put me on. I got a Camelbak water bottle with a filter and that's really helped me drink more water.

Sandra said...

lookin' good! I've dropped about 10 pounds since March Break - simply cutting out the snacking and getting out and walking more. I've got a lot more to go, and my goal is to get back to running.

Ammerins said...

Cut out meat, cow-based dairy, most gluten and most sugars out of my diet... And yes, it is hard to say no when you're offered nice cakes, but boy, it's worth it! Minus 17 pounds and counting... Another 10 hopefully... Know the plateau thing, usually stable for about 2 weeks and then suddenly losing weight again... It's more about the healthy eating though, especially the sugarless thing is doing wonders for my skin!

Hattie said...

You look really great! I bet it feels good. :)

hakucho said...

You look fabulous! Good luck reaching your goal :)

g-girl said...

glad to hear all your healthy eating is paying off. :) you look great!

Ulrika in Sweden said...

What a wonderfully positive post! Good job there!

I too am struggling with extra weight. I am now on a lchf diet, although I don't see it as a diet, more of a life change. My health has, overall, improved immensely on lchf. I have now lost 2 kilos (sorry, I don't the pounds system...) in the last week.

With some luck, I might look as great as you do, further down the road. :-)

Mitali Ruths said...

Lookin' good, too! I'm planning on working on some fitness goals this spring, too.

elizabeth said...

That's so awesome! I'm on the second week of eating healthy and it's amazing the difference even a short time can make! So worth it to feel better!

Girl Knits said...

Looking great Robyn! Keep up the good hard work.

Tara said...

Looking great too! Can't wait to see them bikini pics! ;)