Friday, November 25, 2011

Mystery Quilt Progress

So finally, here are some pictures of my mystery quilt blocks.

week1

Week 1 part 1.

week1pt2

Week 1 part 2.

week2

Week 2.

week3

Week 3.

backgrounddesign

And this is the background color that is throughout a lot of the patches. I can't wait to see how this quilt will all come together, I'm very excited. I've been spending HOURS cutting with my rotary cutter (love that tool!) on my cutting mat with my rotary cutting ruler. One fat quarter, I had to replace because somehow I screwed up and ended up with smaller blocks than what I was supposed to have. (Learned my lesson there! And I'm learning a lot about precision & patience).



I'm currently working on week 4 & week 5's clues. Week 5 ends the last of the mystery clues, and next class (next week) our teacher is going to show us the options of how it can all go together. I still have a few more hours of work to do for week 4 & week 5's clue (which we got together last class). I am hoping to have some time before the next class to finish all the sewing & cross-cutting.

I am also hoping that I have enough time to finish this quilt before the last class. I won't be able to take the class again next session as it falls during Quentin's nap time, and there are no cribs in the daycare at the place I'm taking the classes at (as they offer babysitting services, which I am currently using this session, since the class is in the morning). But since Quentin only naps once a day now, in the afternoons, I cannot continue the class and am really hoping that I have time to finish it in this session. The class said it was open to all levels of quilters, but honestly, it was more for people whom have quilted before. I've sewn before, so I was able to catch on, but I'm taking the class with a friend who had never sewn by machine before, and it's been a bit harder on her this class.

I am already thinking about what my next quilt will be!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Shut up, you're making a quilt?!?!?!?!? That's awesome! Love the fabrics you chose :)

Celia said...

Very pretty. I can't wait to see more.

Cynthia F said...

Very nice! I can't wait to see it all finished!

g-girl said...

hope that you're able to finish your quilt before the last class meets!