Tuesday, November 08, 2011

9 Years Old

MM

This past weekend, we drove up to my sister-in-law's house, after Sean's Saturday morning hockey practice, to celebrate my nephew's 9th birthday. He turns 9 next week. We haven't been up to St-Joseph-de-Beauce, Quėbec in 2 years. Last year, they came to us in Montreal to celebrate my nephew's 8th birthday, as I was very pregnant with Quentin. The last time I was in Beauce, I think is going on 3 years. (I can't believe I'm saying 3 years). I thought I went to my nephew's 7th birthday, but Mack was home sick - so I spent the weekend with him, and Jamie took Sean to visit. Wow, I think the last time I was in Beauce was November 2008. I can't believe its been that long. (Though, we were there Labor Day weekend 08 & November 08). I will not let it be long again between visits. The kids had an absolute blast with their cousins.

faveoutfit

Quentin in my fave 12 month outfit. (Yep, finally got rid of all his 6-12 month & 9 month clothing, and pulled out his 12 month wardrobe). (Here's Mack wearing this same outfit, at 15 months old! Mack was tiny!)

qlau

Quentin spent the weekend in the arms of my sister-in-law's boyfriend's daughter. She's in the 7th grade, and feel in love with Quentin. (Which gave me hands free to knit!)

watchinghockey

Quentin also watched hockey with my sister-in-law's boyfriend's son. They absolutely adored Quentin, as well as Sean & Mackenzie.

merlyngoalie

Saturday night, we drove an hour to St-Ephrem-de-Beauce, to watch my nephew's hockey game. He's a goalie, and Sean is absolutely admired by this. It was a really intense game, they tied 5-5. We sat on the edge of the seat the entire game. My nephew played the 2nd half of the game in nets, and the other goalie played equally the first half.

overalls

I am not a fan of overalls... at all. But this pair, something about them, (and the fact that all 3 boys have now worn them), I just love this pair. (Sean enjoying these overalls & Mack wearing them too!)

chickens

The boys spent some of Sunday chasing chickens (and one rooster) in the yard. My sister-in-law has a bunch that produce eggs, and we got to go home with a dozen eggs. Fresh, organic eggs are awesome.

roost

2kidsout

The ride home started out as peaceful. (It's a 4 hour drive). At one point, all 4 boys were out cold, napping (including Jamie). However, at one point, Quentin decided he had enough of his car seat and didn't want to be in it, period. He SCREAMED. Nothing soothed him. He didn't want a bottle. He didn't want a snack. He wanted out of his car seat. He screamed for almost 2 hours. He's never been like this before! It wasn't Quentin. Very very strange. He wore himself out and fell asleep, however it took almost 2 hours. And I think Sean must have drank a pool full of juices today, because we had to make 4 pit stops along the way home for him to go to the bathroom. I couldn't believe it! We had a fun weekend, and unfortunately it was a long ride home.

I can't believe my nephew is 9. NINE! I have known him all his life, and held him in my arms when he was newborn. He's a smart, athletic 9 year old now. My, how time flies.

4 comments:

KayeDean said...

I'm so glad you had a great trip. Happy belated birthday to your "9" year old nephew. They grow so fast!

Celia said...

I'm glad you had a great time. I'm sorry for the screaming ride home. That's never fun.

Dawn said...

Awww cousins are so much fun! How I wish we lived closer to my nieces and nephew!

g-girl said...

looks like everyone had a great time together. :) sorry about the screaming car ride. i've experienced those myself and what makes it even more difficult is when you don't even know what caused it and you're unsure of how to even make it stop!