Tuesday, August 30, 2011

We’ve Got Teeth

pokingthrujuly30

Late July, we spotted pockets in Quentin's mouth. And then, the last week of July, clear lines formed on his bottom gum. From the clear lines - the top of a tooth emerged, first on his right bottom front. (Our left facing him). You can see above, the first tooth edge poked through.

Aug1aQteeth2Aug6

And then we left on our family vacation (and the tooth grew). We actually left on vacation with barely a tooth, and Quentin came home from vacation with two front teeth. (Family vacation photos are still being edited - and once done, a post or two will come).

Aug-10-(2)a

For a while they were little teeth in his mouth.

Aug-10-(1)z

highchairQ

And now they're little chompers.

teethladiesman

No more toothless grins. (I miss those!) And we've got pockets on the top of his mouth - I see his top teeth coming any day now. However, I do miss sleeping through the night. Just before we left for vacation, Quentin stopped sleeping through the night. We weren't sure if it was teething or growth spurt, because when he would wake up (sometimes once a night, sometimes up to 3 times during the night - every 3 hours or so - like a newborn), he'd demand a bottle - and drink it in full. No wonder he's been gaining weight. (Last weigh in, he was 17 lbs 14.4 oz - which was almost 2 weeks ago - he's well over 18 lbs now for sure). He definitely doesn't need to be eating (rather drinking bottles) every 3 hours at night. And then, just before the weekend and over the weekend, we got 3 nights of full night sleep. Sunday to Monday he woke up again during the night. And (knock on wood), last night, he slept 8 hours - which I'll take! While I'm done with this teething business & not sleeping through the night and can't wait for it to be over with - at the same time, I wish I could freeze time, I don't want my baby to grow up too fast. And I feel like it's going way too fast.

6 comments:

Amelah said...

What a cutie pie ! I recognize that Ladies man shirt. One of my fave pictures with Sean and I - he is wearing it (out back of Marlene's at Oli's first birthday I believe. Yeah for teeth! Hopefully they aren't bothering him too much.

Celia said...

So cute!!! Love the new teeth!

Girl Knits said...

He's so cute with teeth!

Dawn said...

Awww such cute chompers...even if he's growing way too fast! You will be glad to get a full nights sleep, I'm sure!

g-girl said...

wow, they came in super quick!

Bea said...

Love the sequence. Its almost like seeing the process in person. He looks so happy.