Monday, January 03, 2011

1.3.11

Quentin drank about 4 bottles last night between 11 pm and 4 am this morning = Growth spurt. Bassinet = 0. Crib = 0. Mommy's chest = He finally goes to sleep. I was not a happy camper this morning. I ended up sleeping with him on my chest until about 7 something this morning. The kids went to daycare and I went back to bed. I slept until almost noon today. Or just after noon. Jamie had the day off today, so we finally sat down (toddler free) and watched the movie Inception. It was quite interesting to say the least. Have you seen it? What did you think?

progmilo
Milo really is a really fast knit. I'm already at the bottom ribbing. I'm wondering if I can finish it tonight? We'll see if I have enough time tonight to do so. I might not even need to start the 2nd ball of yarn to finish it. That would be awesome.

MackDressShoes
Mack has been quite proud of his dressing efforts as of lately. He's gotten very good and both undressing and dressing himself. While he's no expert yet at zippers (neither is Sean), I'm quite impressed with his skills. This will only make getting them ready much easier on me. Today (above) he showed me that he can put his snow boots on himself. (The first boot went on the wrong foot though, but after a correction, he got it on the right foot).

mackiemicro
My in-laws got Mack this toy for the holidays. (The link shows a guitar, we only got the keyboard). Mack LOVES it. (And I am not too happy with my in-laws for getting such a loud and noisy toy. Grumble).

mackmicro

Maybe he'll be a DJ? He loves using the microphone. He can sit there singing ABC's into it all night long. Oh, and christmas carols too.. it cracks me up. He's lovin' Jingle Bells & Santa Clause is coming to town.

After the rough night I had last night, I'm going to take it easy on the couch tonight, hopefully finish up Milo. If I don't, so then be it. If I nap on the couch, that's cool too. I have early plans tomorrow, so I'm hoping Quentin lets us sleep tonight or I might not function to get out of the house.

I'll be praying tomorrow that Tara's daughter Émilie's surgery goes well. Please send some prayers for her as well. She's having a benign brain tumor removed. I can't imagine what Tara is going through right now, but I can offer my love and support out to her. Tara - when you read this - please know that I am here for you, and if you need anything at all - don't hesitate to ask. That's what friends are for, right?

6 comments:

IrishGirl said...

Wow, that was a quick knit! So cute. I thought Inception was interesting, too. I read this after and we all ended up discussing it even more... Spoiler alert to those who've not seen it yet >>> http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100730183522AAdIC8C

Hope you get some rest tonight,
Bren =]

Celia said...

You gotta do what you gotta do to get some sleep. My bubbies is still sleeping with me.

Dawn said...

Hmmm gotta love the growth spurt no sleep things...boooo! Hope he gets back to better sleeping soon!

g-girl said...

he looks so happy with his keyboard and mic! :) hope you got a better night's sleep.

Amelah said...

Oh no! A sleepless night! Hope it gets better!

Inception was very messed up! But it was a pretty good movie!

What big boys!! Baby Q needs to stay little forever, okay?

Tara said...

The response and support we received from friends and family was simply overwhelming. Thanks, Robyn.