Monday, December 20, 2010

12.20.10 :: 207 weeks old

207wksS

Sean is 207 weeks old today.

cozyQ

Today, after a nice morning nap with Quentin, I had to venture out of the house to take him to the CLSC to get weighed. The nurse that has been to my house a few times couldn't come to my house today, but she was in the office and had me come to her (thankfully not during the "weigh-in clinic" as those nurses are not so cool). Quentin is finally back to his birth weight today - on the nose :: 5 lbs 10 oz (2.55kg or 2550 grams). I am so glad that I am done with the CLSC for now, and next week Quentin has his first doctor's check up. The nurse told me that I no longer will be hearing from them now that he's gained back his birth weight, and to keep up what I've been doing, as it's working, but that if I need them, I know where to find them/and when the walk-in's are for weighing the baby.

I got a call from Jamie's mom today. They had taken Zeus to their vet to open him up a file and while there, they ran some tests. As of last week's update from my MIL, he has an irregular shaped heart and an irregular heartbeat. They ran some blood work and got the results back today. Apparently he has some thyroid problem, which may or may not be causing the irregular heartbeat. He has to now be on pills twice a day for the rest of his life. Jamie's mom was actually calling us to ask for money to pay for these pills. We speak to her maybe once a month, and see her only when it's mother's day, or one of the kids birthdays or the high Jewish holidays, or my nephew's birthday. She offered the weekend of my nephew's birthday to take the cat off our hands (because we didn't want him anymore, and he wasn't ours to begin with) and now wants us to pay for the cat's meds. Had we just gotten rid of the cat to someone we didn't know, it would have not been our issue anymore. I don't know what to do - but I'm leaving it up to Jamie. Honestly, I told Jamie that I'm a bad pet owner, because I would never have thought to of taken the cat to the vet. We never took Jazz to the vet and he was fine until he was old and passed away. I don't think I should ever get any pets (unless it's fish or something) because I would probably be a bad dog owner too. If the kids are sick, they tell us, and we go to the doctor. (Or they're coughing or have fever... or symptoms that would make me take them to a doctor). A pet can't tell you they are sick. So how am I supposed to know? I'm good with children. Not so good with pets. Maybe pets are just not my thing? Not sure what Jamie is going to say about the cat situation, but it's his mother, and the cat belong to his friend before we ended up with it - so I'll leave it up to him.

While out this afternoon, I saw this Habs Camera. So I bought it. We were looking for something around 25-30$ for a camera for Sean. We didn't want anything too expensive, as he's just a kid and breaks things, doesn't handle things properly. Sean asked for a "real" digital camera and has been into taking pictures lately. Then I saw the Habs digital camera and thought it would be perfect. When I spoke to Jamie upon getting home today, he tells me that he ordered a camera for Sean and at the price he got it for, he ordered one for Mack too. I asked him what brand/etc... and he tells me what he got. THE.EXACT.SAME.THING.I.PICKED.UP.TODAY. Great minds think alike. We both on the same day got the same thing without even talking. Now I have a return to do.

Tonight I went early and stood in line to register both the boys in skating. Mackenzie has been asking to learn as well. I asked the guy in charge and he made an exception for Mackenzie (they're supposed to be 3 years old). Mack is only 2 and a half but shows great interest, so we'll see how it goes. Mack's very excited to go out and get skates! He thought he was starting tonight and tried to leave with me when I left to go register the boys. Once Quentin is starting to skate, I swear, we'll be living at the hockey arena. Three boys. I'm a hockey mom!

In Montreal news, a 27 year old Montreal guy is missing. His name sounds familiar, but I can't place it. If you have any news to his whereabouts, please contact the police. He went missing early Sunday morning from Old Montreal. (CBC article). He went outside a restaurant to have a smoke and send a text to a friend, and went missing. He hasn't been seen or heard from since. I hope they find him. Sending my thoughts to the family of the missing person.


5 comments:

Tara said...

Glad Quentin is back to his birth weight! As far as the cat goes, I don't know what I'd do in a similar situation...

Bea said...

Yay Quentin for being back at your birth weight!!! (Just curious, has he got a nickname yet??)

Lacey said...

OMG- just saw these added to Rav and had to link you so them! http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/montreal-canadiens-mittens-2

Habs mitts! hahaha.

Dawn said...

Wow, awesome camera! I'm sure the boys will have a blast with those. I gave my old, old point and shoot to Joshua to play with and he loves it.

g-girl said...

wow, so when will mack start his skating lessons? how exciting! :) oh no..so what ended up happening with zeus??