Saturday, November 27, 2010

11.27.10 :: 36 weeks pregnant

36wkspg3
36 weeks pregnant today!
For the last couple of weeks, I as PRAYING I would not go into labor until AFTER Anne Hanson's workshop. Water didn't break & I made it safely to the end of the workshop.
(Totally thought the chair I sat in from 9 am until 4pm would definitely send me into labor though! Oh what un-comfortness! Still pregnant but in a LOT of pain now.)

annedemo

Anne demonstration something.
(She demonstrated a few things, can't remember which one this was).

onerepeat

The morning class was a lace techniques class called "Lace Start to Finish".
It was an intermediate/advanced class.
She showed us a provisional cast on, using a crochet chain.

castonline

Once we were done one repeat of the lace pattern, we bound off. then we picked up the cast on from the chain, and started to work in the other direction (pretty darn neat if you ask me).

castonripout

And we all got a thrill out of pull the crochet chain out. I know I did!

hemedge

Then we worked on a hemmed cuff.

pickedupsts

I was a bit out of it today (fighting off a cold and being 36 weeks pregnant, I have a problem focusing these days), so I didn't finish what I started before the morning class ended. I will absolutely finish it at home though, so that I can see how it looks, etc. It was nice to hang out all morning with Tara, whom I hadn't seen in a bit. She didn't take the afternoon class though.

bittersweetoriginal

The afternoon class was called "Bittersweet Vines - Neckwarmer & Mitts".
I got to touch the original cowl and mittens. Anne brought them with her.

bittersweetstart
I started my project, (kinneared Anne sitting in the middle in this shot!)

bittersweet1

However, again, I didn't finish the cowl (I don't think anyone actually 100% finished it) in class. I will work on it - I really like the way it's designed - you would never imagine it was worked in the way it is, unless you've knit it yourself. Pretty neat Anne!

I chose stash yarn for this project, Naturally Merino & Fur in Turquoise. I have 262 yards in 2 skeins, and according to Anne it uses (for the small size) only 150 yards for both the neckwarmer and the mitts! Yeah, Anne couldn't believe it either, that it used such little yarn.

annelanovia

Anne took some photos of my La Novia (on top of my awesome tote bag that reads "Life is too short to use cheap wine"). So I took a picture of her taking a picture.

pineivy
This is an original Pine & Ivy by Anne as well. It was so nice to see up close & personal. She said there were 4 versions she made, and this was one. (One has neck shaping or something).

I have to say that today was beyond incredible. I'm so happy that baby boy decided to sit tight and not come early. (After all, Mack did break my water in my 36th week, [and Sean in my 37th week]). I promised Anne that I would work on my La Novia while in labor, to distract me from labor pains. I think it'll make a great project to work on in the hospital. Don't you think?

I am sad that I won't be able to take Anne's Sweater Fitness class tomorrow, but with my pregnant belly this large it's just a waste. Next time Anne's in town, I'm so there though for that sweater class. I hope everyone taking it tomorrow has fun.

After the workshop I came home and laid in bed for a bit while the boys watched some tv with me. I couldn't move. I really thought that I was going to go into labor tonight (so far - nothing). I'm in a lot of pain though. Hoping to not go to my due date (Xmas day - 4 weeks). Then it was time to get ready to go out. I totally wish I could have stayed on the couch tonight with my knitting. However, we had Jamie's best friend's surprise 35th tonight. A dinner party. A late dinner party. Not exactly what I had in mind for a Saturday night at 36 weeks pregnant. It was a pretty fancy restaurant, but when you're a large group, the menu is fixed, and I wasn't 100% impressed. The birthday boy was 150% surprised, and couldn't believe that he was the reason everyone was there together.

It's late now, and it's time to hit the sack. I'm solo parenting tomorrow, so I need some rest before entertaining 2 toddlers all day. Wish me luck!

8 comments:

g-girl said...

how lucky to have attended a class taught by anne hanson herself! :) and you got on the blog!!! now you and baby boy have a special knitting-related shared memory. teehee. the edging of the cowl makes me think of andrea's shawl. maybe next time you'll get to take the sweater class. hope the pain down there decreases a little bit (is that possible??). good luck today! I'm sure you did okay. :)

Barb said...

Looks like so much fun!! LOVE the turquoise for your neckwarmer really pretty :)

Tara said...

It was great to hang out on Saturday morning. And heck, even *I* was uncomfortable sitting on those chairs in the morning, so I can only imagine what it must have been like for you!

Celia said...

It's hard enough to focus on lace when not pregnant much less with two kiddos. Way to go!

Cynthia F said...

Lucky you! It looks like it was a great day!

Jennifer said...

that neckwarmer is gorgeous! glad you got to attend the class!

Anonymous said...

Love this post, Robyn! Looks like an amazing day. I am wondering where you are - having a baby perhaps? Sending you positive vibes and I am really looking forward to hearing about your baby :)
Sarah

Bea said...

So Fun!