Monday, November 01, 2010

11.01.10 :: 200 weeks old

200wksS

Sean is 200 weeks old today.

530pm

5:30 pm today.


November Calendars are ready! From left to right you have Train Tracks by ScoutJ, Swinging Gnome by Carol, Flowers by Cynthia, Paint Brushes by Robyn (me!). Open the image you’d like, right click on the image, and save as your desktop background. Voila! Let me know if you use one, which one that is!

What you've all been waiting for! The winners of my 5th blogaversary contest! I have drawn some names. Every comment that I received from the start of the contest to the end, got their comment printed and put into Sean's spiderman halloween bucket (or maybe it was Mackenzie's bucket - they had the same one). The winners are:

- 2 lucky winners win my entire Sock Collection in PDF format: Celia, Sandra
- 1 lucky winner win a copy of Jennifer Lori's My First Superhero: Jo
- 1 lucky winner win a copy of the pattern of their choice in GlennaC's Raverly shop: knitgirlknit
- 3 lucky winners will a copy of a pattern of their choice from WoolyBearDesign's Ravelry shop: Barb, Sara, Zonda
- 3 lucky winners will a copy of a pattern of their choice from Jane Richmond's Ravelry Shop: Sara, Knitgirlknit, Girlknits
- 4 lucky winners will a copy of a pattern of their choice from Spillyjane's Ravelry shop: Rosebelleknits, Caroline, Girlknits, & Lacey.
- 3 lucky winners wins a copy of the Gift Issue of KnitCircus: Bea, Sophie, & Amy.
- 1 lucky winner wins a one year subscription to KnitCircus: Tara
- 1 lucky winner wins a copy of the novel Jessica Z. by Shawn Klomparens, which I recently reviewed: Tomatoesgirl

CONGRATS TO ALL THE WINNERS! If you are winning a Ravelry prize, I've contacted the designers to let them know you're the winner with your Ravelry ID. Choose the pattern from their shop you want, and message them to receive your prize. For the book, I need Tomatoesgirl's address please (Email me! Or PM me on Ravelry). For the KnitCircus prizes, I've emailed the editor to give her your email addresses. She'll be getting in touch with you I believe. And those whom have won my sock collection, I've already sent it via Ravelry to you! HAPPY KNITTING! And thanks for participating in my contest. I hope those of you whom have de-lurked, continue to comment.

Here is another code worth 10 points to add to your PampersGifts to Grow account!
FBHalloween2010 - 10pts (Expires 11/6/10) and NOVFACEBOOK2010 also worth 10 pts.

I'm in a lot of pain and not feeling well at all these days. Counting down & hoping time passes faster. I really don't recall end of pregnancy this bad with Sean or Mackenzie's pregnancy. I've also been solo parenting lately while Jamie has been working crazy hours for the last week almost. We opened a 2nd franchise location today and he's been working like a mad dog. He's a really hard worker, and I love him for that, as he's been thinking about our future and all that stuff, but it's been super hard on my end solo parenting at 32 weeks pregnant, on modified activity. I can't wait to move on to the next stage of life, with 3 kids, already. I want to be there already, as it'll be easier to move around once this pain goes away. I'm wondering if it's just 3rd pregnancy pains, or if anything at all is associated to placenta praevia. I have an ultrasound soon to see what's going on with my placenta - and to make sure that baby boy is growing adequately due to lack of nutrients that placenta praevia causes. I am hoping he's all healthy - that's all that matters right now. The headache I started with yesterday is still around. I don't understand why I can't get rid of it. I totally thought that sleeping over night would "sleep it off" as most of my headaches do. Really hoping this doesn't turn into a migraine. If it does, Tylenol will not help at all. And I can't take Advil. (I have taken Tylenol twice this entire pregnancy. Once last night before trick or treating and once this morning before taking the kids to daycare - neither time did anything).

I can't believe it's November already. That means baby boy is due NEXT month. Next month! Ahhhhh! So much to do. So little time. I can feel a bit of anxiety coming on... Very excited already to meet the little guy - see what he looks like. I wonder if he'll be blond haired & blue eyed like his brothers? All I know is from the many ultrasounds he has the same button nose I do, that both my boys have as well. I love that button nose.

I got a message on my answering machine tonight from my almost 8 year old nephew. He asked for a laptop for his birthday. (His party is Saturday - cutting it close a bit much?) I already got him his birthday gift. On top of it, he asked me for another pair of Zekkies in his new foot size (as my mother-in-law calls them) and a new hat, since his Skull hat has holes in it). I was going to make him the Robot Hat, but ran out of time. Then I was thinking about doing it for Xmas, but now my hubby is thinking about splitting a little EEE PC for him with my in-laws for Xmas. I don't really have the time to knit him stuff as I have a list of other things first, and I am sure my mother-in-law is going to make him Zekkies for his birthday, as she did last year for my nephew and Sean, and this summer for Mack's 2nd birthday. However, I'm wondering... what the heck does an 8 year old need with a laptop? Parents of 8 year olds, or older... does an 8 year old really need a laptop? Especially when there is no internet at home? And he doesn't have homework at age 8 that requires being typed up? (When his mom does have a working desktop)? Am I crazy to think that an 8 year old doesn't need a laptop? Curious your opinions. What's he going to ask for next? A cell phone? Is this a crazy request from a kid? It's not the money that's an issue (for the cost of the laptop), it's the item that I am curious about. Our step-niece (Hubby's step-sister's daughter - who is related to our nephew as well) had to wait for her 13th birthday (which she was thrown a huge party for when she became a teenager) asked for a laptop in May for her birthday. She's in high school - and has papers to write and reports to type up. That to me makes sense. But an 8 year old? In the 2nd grade? (I think he's in the 2nd grade now).

Off to go finish off the last bit of laundry (cuz it really never ends...)... and hope that tomorrow is a better day without any pains, and without any head pounding.

(To make a crappy day better though, I won on facebook today an advance reader copy of Arranged by Catherine McKenzie which only comes out Dec 26, 2010. I LOVED her novel Spin, and can't wait to read this one. I totally recommend Spin - it was FANTASTIC & I couldn't put it down. Catherine is a local author, and I had the pleasure of meeting her back in the spring. I wonder if my ARC will come autographed?)!

10 comments:

Sandra said...

Wow! I won! How cool is that? And the prize is perfect - I've been off socks for a while, but the mojo is coming back, so these will be perfect - thank you so much!
And for the 8 year old? I don't really think he needs a laptop, but peer pressure is a big thing. My son is 11 and he will be getting this laptop once I upgrade for work next week. BUT, it stays in the kitchen, and is really a family one rather than just his. He will probably get a cell phone soon, as he is getting more independent, but again, it's becasue of need, not want.

DId the monster spray ever work?

Tracy said...

I can imagine that it is really difficult now on modified activity with Jamie working so much. Remember that a headache that won't go away with over the counter pain meds can be a sign of preeclampsia in pregnancy. It might be a good idea to call/see your doctor. Hopefully it's not. Thinking of you.

Tara said...

Really??? I won??? :) That's so awesome! Of course, I win almost every day with you, you lovely lady. Thanks! :)

Anonymous said...

I agree with Tracy. You might want to give your doctor a call if that headache isn't going away quickly.

I don't think eight year olds need a laptop. Especially if there is a computer in the home that they can use to play their games.

Lynn

jacquelyn karp said...

An 8 year old and a laptop? NO!
My son is 12 (13 in 6 days), and does not have his own laptop. He must use the community house computer... he has his own log in, but it is controlled and monitored by ME.
He does have a cell phone, but it stays home while he's at school, and if I call or text he must respond within 20 minutes or it gets taken away for a week.
We also limit how much TV he can watch every week. He earns TV and computer time by doing chores.

Zonda said...

Thanks Robyn! Congrats to all the winners :) Take care!!

~Jo~ said...

Thanks for doing the contest Robyn, congrats to all the winners. :)

g-girl said...

congrats to all the winners! :) goodness, 8 and wanting a laptop? well, if he were a privileged child then of course but if he's just your average kid with average parents, doesn't he know you've gotta work for things like that?? maybe he could have a toy one? time DID surely fly during your latest pregnancy..you've only got a few weeks left! ;)

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Oh dear, I just read your most recent post, and I am so relieved that you and baby boy are okay. And as for the 8-year old and the laptop? It's definitely not needed! How would he take care of it? :) I think a big-ticket item like a laptop is something you have to work hard for. Unless this kid is an angel and takes care of his stuff as if it's gold, I think I'd buy him the shoes. :)

Bea said...

200 is a good number. I'm so sorry about the pain. That sucks largely. Hugs!