Friday, August 13, 2010

08.13.10 :: yarn p0rn Friday

Because I know you all want to see the loot from my trip, I'll start off this post with my new edition of Yarn P0rn Friday. (Now that I think about it, I still have a bit of birthday yarn that I picked up in Vancouver, B.C. this past spring, that has been photographed, but hasn't made it to the blog yet... so stay tuned next week for some more Yarn P0rn Friday).

toshdk

I've been dying to get my hands on some Madelinetosh DK (sock as well see below!). I finally was gifted some while in the USA, from my wonderful husband. (He deserves mucho appreciation after driving 99% of the entire trip (I did drive 1 hour on the way home when he had to rest his eyes for a bit). (It was an 8 hour drive there, all the driving in NJ, almost an hour to our location in PA, all the driving in PA, and 7 of the 8 hour drive home). AND he bought me yarn. Must be love. Above left is 3 skeins of Madelinetosh DK Oxblood and above right is 5 skeins of Madelinetosh DK Terra.

toshsockblog

Had to get my hands on some Madelinetosh Sock as well. Right? Above left is Logwood and above right is Baltic. I don't even think these skeins are worthy of socks to get worn out on feet. I think they'll have to become shawls or scarves. Though, it's a little short on yardage with only 395 yards per skein. I'll have to find a perfect pattern so that I don't run out of yarn.

otheryarn

Next up we have some Dream in Color Smooshy in Blue Lagoon (the colorway I used for my February Lady Sweater.... maybe to make something matching to go with my sweater?!). In the middle above you have Black Bunny Fibers, which is a local dyer to Loop Yarns in Philadelphia. The nice shade of green is called Green Giant. (I only noticed after getting back to Canada that there are some nasty "drops" of red splattered on a part of it... ick! I might have to find a way to hide that in whatever I'll use this yarn to knit. Fun. And above, on your right you have 3 skeins of Sheep Shop Yarn (Sheep #2) in the colorway Royalty. It's a nice Super Bulky yarn, that according to Ravelry is now discontinued. Which the shop owner would have told me that. Hopefully the 3 skeins (90 yards each) will be enough for a nice cowl of some sort.

frompikkle

And lastly, while I was out of town, some lovely yarn arrived in the mail from my friend Melissa. I received a lovely skein (on your left above) of Sundara Sock in Caribbean and Yarn Love Anne Shirley in the Sparkling Colorway. The nice thing is that this worsted weight has 250 yards, so there is plenty to do something small with it.

Speaking of yarn, I got VERY frustrated with a skein of Dream in Color Classy tonight. I was wounding a skein for a project I wanted to cast on tonight, and well, what do you know... I spent 3 hours untangling it...! This is the first time I've had an issue with a skein of DIC Classy (and it's not my first time using it). I guess it was just a stubborn skein. It took me 2 epsiodes of Big Brother from this week (minus commercials), an episode from Sunday of Entourage and an episode of Last Comic Standing to get the thing untangled. I'm not a happy camper, but I did manage to get through it.

I want to talk today about Saturday, Aug 7, 2010.

bekahatparty

We had this beauty's 1st birthday party, in a gorgeous park in Pennsylvania.

bekahsethlauren

It was so nice to celebrate it with them. I've been friends with Lauren (the beauty's mom) for about 13 years now. It's amazing how time flies.... I sometimes can't believe it's been that long).

jamiepartyhat

Even Mr. Knit & Purl Mama got into the party spirit.

mackhabsparty

Mack wore his Habs shirt proud today. (We made sure to let those Flyers fans know that we had no beef with them knocking us out of the playoffs this past year either).

seaneaglesparty

And Sean wore his full Eagles gear. (Hat & jersey - a lovely gift for the boys from Lauren & gang). Sean ended up wearing it for a few days straight. I see it as being a much loved & worn shirt. Thanks again Lauren & gang!

seanplayssax

After the party was over, (and getting to catch up with a friend (who knits!) I'd met 5 years ago at Lauren's wedding (the last time we were in PA), and making a new friend (who is married to a Canadian - we instantly bonded!) we headed over to Lauren's parents house to open birthday gifts. My boys were fantastic helpers, and now Sean keeps asking me on a daily basis if it's his birthday yet. I really hope that the birthday girl loved all the clothes we got her. Seeing as though we're apparently (I'm still hoping there's a chance they made a mistake? I can hope, right?) having another boy, I had a field day shopping for baby girls clothes for the birthday girl. Everything is just soo.darn.cute. (I'll find out soon at my next ultrasound if it's 100% a boy. They say they don't like to give accurate answers before 20-22 weeks anyhow. I'm currently 20 weeks and 4 days now. I'll keep you posted. And if it's a 3rd boy, then bring it on. I'll forever be the Queen of my house, and I'll just know that I'll have my boys, and boys love their mommy.

boyssleep

After a long day of partying it up, the boys were fast asleep in the futon bed they were sharing. Good to know that if we travel again in the future, they're good to share a bed. One less thing to have to worry about when traveling. This evening we caught up on Big Brother (Lauren & her hubby watch it too) and hung out. Life after kids, makes for relaxing Saturday nights with friends (who have kids too - otherwise why on earth would they want to stay in and catch up on TV?)

Happy Friday the 13th y'all!

8 comments:

Girl Knits said...

Drool - that yarn! You've got one heck of an amazing husband!

Caroline said...

I love the yarn! For your bulky, check out the Herringbone neck warmer. I made one with less than 100 yards and I love it.

Anie, kale said...

wow...all that nice yarn! yummy!!!!
I'm so not getting any knitting done these days....

Dawn said...

Awww sleeping brothers are soooo cute! I've never had a problem with DIC tangling, but had a skein of Bugga that gave me fits. Ughhhh I hate tangly yarn!

Tara said...

Nice loot! I love Madelinetosh, it's lush, definitely looking forward to seeing what you knit up with it!

Amelah said...

Nice loot! For someone on a diet wow you got more yarn this year then last it seems LOL :D

I hate when you have to untangle. That happened with my DIC too - for when I did my Henley Perfected!!

Aw Lauren and Seth! I remember them from your wedding! She is adorable!

Love the pic of Jamie with the pink party hat :) Definitely one to be framed!!!

g-girl said...

so what are your plans for your madelinetosh?? :) i'm noticing a blue trend here. ;) jamie certainly did spoil you with love purchasing all that yarn for you! i'm sure it makes the yarn diet easier on you!

Bea said...

Excellent yarns.