Sunday, July 11, 2010

07.11.10

We toyed with the idea of going Raspberry picking this morning. I was tired and wanted to sleep in, so we didn’t go. It’s a good thing we didn’t because later this evening, Sean’s ex teacher (who will be Mack’s teacher soon) reported that she’d gone Raspberry picking where we were going to go tonight, and the end result was that she wished she'd just picked up Raspberries at the grocery store. Good to know. Glad to have gotten the opportunity to sleep in. I’m beyond beat all the time. Between “”chasing” my 2 boys and being pregnant, I’m a walking zombie. Trying to take like slower.

This afternoon while Mack napped, (got him to actually nap today, unlike yesterday where didn’t nap), Jamie took Sean to the driving range. Sean absolutely loves the driving range. He loves ALL sports. I got some stuff done in my office while Mack napped. I am staring this challenge. To de-clutter by the end of 2011. I don't think there is enough time before 2010 is over, so I am giving myself until the end of 2011. I started a new blog here. Here is my first post about what it’s all about. I am trying to simplify my life. I think it’s a good thing that everyone needs to do. Clutter sucks!

yoyohat

This evening we went to my parents house for dinner. Jamie had baseball so it was just me and the kids. Mack was just too cut this evening.

mackieheartscake

Want to win over Mack’s heart? Cake. Chocolate cake especially.

closednapkinholder
My mom has this awesome napkin holder. It’s for outdoors, and it closes so that your napkins don’t blow away. She got it from regal, years ago. I’ve been trying to hunt one down, similar to this one, for ages. If anyone knows where I can get one like this, please let me know.

napkinclosed
This one in particular opens upwards. I’d like anything similar. I think this one is both acrylic and plastic. Or maybe it’s just all plastic. I’m not sure. I look anywhere that sells things like this. A friend of mine still sells Regal (the new Regal?) and she hasn't seen this yet in the catalogue she since she’s been selling Regal. Well, in any case – if you know where I can get one – please let me know! I’d be forever grateful.

Tonight I watched some TV with Jamie. I still need to finish weaving in those last ends of the FBS and sew on the buttons. Tomorrow. I’m too tired to do it tonight. I did manage to finish reading The Penny Pincher’s Club today. I really enjoyed it. It’s about this woman who reads an email and finds out her husband is planning to leave her by the time their daughter graduates, and she’s in debt and has no money. So she turns to the Penny Pincher’s Club to learn how to save money so that she can be on her 2 feet by the time her husband leaves her. I won’t give anything away, but I really enjoyed the book and definitely recommend it. The characters were funny and made the book a light & easy read. I didn’t want to put the book down. I kept wanting to find out what happened next. Now, what to read next? I’ll decide tomorrow. I’m enjoying spending quality time every night before bed reading.

Oh~! Mackie asked tonight before bed to go to the potty (not the first time) but actually went (first time!) Yey Mackie! Keep it up! Maybe he’ll be potty trained before his sister is born. Now wouldn’t that be a miracle!?

5 comments:

Anie said...

Congrats on wanting to declutter and simplify.
I read some wonderful books : Simplicity Parenting and Living Simply with Children. both great. makes life a lot easier.
only problem is that everything ends up in my basement and I never have (ok, take) the time to get rid of it.
I hate having to pick up so many things off the floor.
one thing we did was sort our books by season and change them every solstice or equinox.

Tara said...

Sounds like an interesting book, I'll add it to my reading list! Maybe Tupperware sells something similar to your mom's Regal napkin holder?

kim said...

Hmmm...the whole decluttering thing sounds interesting. Funny, this week I've started going through toys and stuff for a yard sale next month. I might have to join you in this...we'll see.

Bea said...

I haven't seen napkin holders like that before. Its really pretty awesome. I hope you manage to find one.

g-girl said...

the penny pincher's club book sounds cute! yay for mackie! my mom has an old napkin holder similar to that one. have you tried thrift stores?