Thursday, June 24, 2010

06.24.10 :: 105 weeks old

105wksM
Mack is 105 weeks old today!  

seansnorkel

Since today is a Québec Holiday that we don’t really care for (since we’re Anglophone), we spent the afternoon waiting for Mackenzie to get up from his nap, then headed over to my parents house for dinner. Sean got to go in the pool with my dad’s best friend’s 2 kids, but I didn’t even bother bringing over my bathing suit. I had left the kids bathing suits over there the last time we went swimming, so they had suits there to use.

Dinner was fabulous. I got to have Lobster for the first time this summer. Oh, heaven. Don’t worry, I looked it up online, and apparently I am allowed 2 x 6 oz. servings a week while pregnant. I have Lobster probably once per summer, so I don’t eat anywhere near as much.

cakeface
We had leftover birthday cake for dessert tonight, it’s the cake that just keeps going and going. Mack absolutely ate every crumb off his plate. Glad to know he liked it!  After all, it was for his birthday!

raquetface

My silly boy.

yellowflower 
Some of the flowers in the front yard are finally blooming.
No idea what they are, but they’re pretty.

whiteflower
These seem like standard flowers. Not sure what they are either… but it makes me want to pluck the pedals and say “He Loves Me. He Loves Me Not…” and bring me back to childhood!

noteven5mins
When we got back, Sean wanted 5 more minutes of Caillou to watch before bed. Yeah, he didn’t make it even 2 minutes. It was late, and he was popped. It was so cute.

A friend of mine sent me this video. It’s pretty funny. We’re looking into a mini-van and they thought I’d get a kick out of this video. Well, I did. And I want to share it with you.

ps- Just a reminder that I'm throwing a contest for this entire month! Details are here. I’ve rounded up a few more prizes. Here’s a list of everything that will be given away on Tuesday so far (working on a few more surprises):

The Wiener Hat by hotcheese
Sown, Seeded, Charm & Lucky by Lisa
Strawberry Mittens & Flannery by SpillyJane
4 patterns from Jeannie’s Ravelry Store (Winner’s Choice)
2 more copies of my entire sock collection in PDF
Spring in Your Step and Trinity Sunrise by Kerry

I might have a few more surprises, so keep on commenting to win!

13 comments:

Heddy said...

I am pretty sure the first flower is a Stella D'Oro Day Lily, and the second one is a daisy (likely a chrysamthemum variety as it looks too large to be a common wild one) -- Lilies and daisies are my favorite flowers -- I had yellow lilies and daisies in my wedding bouquet :)

Anie, kale said...

the second flower is definitely the he loves me - he loves me not daisy.
lobster is such great food, I haven't had any yet this year. now I'll be thinking about it all evening I think...

Barb said...

LOL i'm sending my sister that video link so funny

g-girl said...

that couple cracks me up-especially the husband! i figured it was going to be time for a mini-van. :)

Sarah said...

agreed on the first comment with respect to flowers - daylilies and daisies. I have some in bloom right now, too! Great prizes :D

kim said...

Mmmm...now you're making me hungry for lobster and its only 9am! I haven't had any in awhile...

Girl Knits said...

That's a very super funny video - thanks for sharing.

I drive a Dodge Caravan and love it.

Mm - lobster sounds good!

Katy said...

I think how you measure weeks of life for your children is so neat! What a great idea!

How fun that you are having a contest! :)

Sarah B. said...

I ate two whole lobsters in one sitting a couple of weeks ago. Didn't know they were on the list! Mmmm, lobster....might have to run to the store now....

Amelah said...

Awe so I missed some fun with my family! Oh well! Looks like it was a fun day for you guys!

oooh love the white flower! So pretty! I too have been having fun taking pictures of flowers in my neighbours garden! Mark plans to build some unistone thing out back and then I will need some gardening tips.

Knit Girl Knit said...

That video is hysterical. Thanks for sharing!

Rosebelleknits said...

Great contest prizes - thanks for hosting this contest!

Tara said...

Mmmmmm, lobster. I usually have it cold with... um... Miracle Whip. I know it sounds gross, but it's really good!!!