Saturday, May 22, 2010

05.22.10

This morning I got some gardening (weeding) done. I started preparing for planting my vegetable garden tomorrow. It’s supposed to be excellent weather all weekend long, so I am not worried about finding time to plant. I am very excited about getting my garden into the earth. Two years ago we planted this long Canadian weekend, but last year they were calling for frost until around June 1st, so we waited to plant. I love planting in the garden! Love it. I can’t wait to pick ripe vegetables, come into the kitchen and make a fresh salad. That’s the plan. Organic and home grown!

DSC_8480[2]

This afternoon Sean went with my sister to my parents house to swim. Sean tried to figure out how to play hockey in their pool. I think it was unsuccessful. I was at home with Mackenzie who was napping. By the time Mack got up from his nap, the skies turned a bit dark and it rained a little bit, so we didn’t bother going over.

DSC_8484[3] Sean got to watch some of the Habs game from poolside.
Jamie was at the game with my brother.
I was supposed to go, but gave up my ticket because we didn’t have a babysitter for the entire time of the game.
(I was actually not disappointed that I missed out – they unfortunately lost - badly).
My sister & I were going to take the kids to the fair,
but apparently they skipped our town this year.
I was really disappointed. I really wanted to take them this year.

tinysquares

I’ve been working on another project, that I started, to see if it would work out. It’s Babette v3. 2 round squares. I have a purpose for this. And if it works out, I will fill you in on all the details (which should be very soon). Just give me some time to sort it out, and make sure it will work out the way I want it to.

tinysquarerow

Aren’t they adorable?

I hung out with my sister tonight, and worked on different babette versions. (Depending on which mini skein was striking my fancy to use next). We watched the movie Extraordinary Measures, and I really enjoyed it. It’s with Brendan Fraser, Harrison Ford and Keri Russell. I like that it was based on a true story. It makes the movie even that much more better & enjoyable. It was nice to have a quiet evening in, just chillin’, crocheting & watching a movie.

Jamie had hockey tonight, and was supposed to come home with a Blue Slush Puppy. He forgot. But, the awesome husband he was, he ran back out shortly after taking care of a few things at home, to get both of us one. Oh… Slush Puppies. (The blue one – my fave one). How have I miss thee over the winter months. And the weather we’ve been having, and are going to have over the next few days, slushies are definitely welcome!

5 comments:

Amelah said...

It really is too bad about the fair! Was nice hanging out and relaxing. Sun is a bit draining anyways.

Babette is looking good!

Glad Jamie didn't have to sleep on the couch ;-P

Jennifer Lori said...

I saw this and thought of you. :)

http://tipnut.com/gardeners-yardstick/

g-girl said...

babette #3?? Hmm...can't wait to see what you have in store! well, at least sean is inventive and won't ever get bored! ooh, i wanted to see that movie too-extraordinary measures. glad to hear you liked it!

Bea said...

I have some two round squares in my blanket too. So far it hasn't grown much since I was up there, but I've worked my way through several of the little skeins you gave me.

Tara said...

I really enjoyed that movie. It was nice seeing Brendan Fraser in a movie where he was actually allowed to ACT!