Monday, May 03, 2010

05.03.10 :: 174 weeks old

174wksS
Sean is 174 weeks old today.

Sean had a rough week at swimming last week while I was out of town. My mom had mentioned he freaked out last week when she took him as his swimming lesson was all upside down. His teacher was writing an exam, so he had a sub. Also, there was an accident in the “kid” pool (smaller pool at the civic center), and they had to flush the pool water and re-fill up the pool. So, not only was there a new teacher, but it was in a completely different pool with a bunch of older women doing aquafit. Sean wasn’t too happy. This week, even though he was back in the regular pool, with his regular teacher, he freaked out. It took a good 10-15 minutes of his half hour lesson to get him comfortable again. (He’s not afraid of the water at all, so I don’t understand what happened). But by the end of the class he was swimming comfortably with his teacher and also under water alone.

firstbikeofseason

Today I set up my bike (attached the buggy, rode it over to the closest gas station to pump the tires with more air) and then picked up the boys from daycare. It was my first bike ride of the season. Let me tell you, I have absolutely NO idea how I managed to get there & home. (We made a pit stop on the way home to visit a friend that lives on our route home). I used muscles in my legs that have been dormant since last summer. Oh my, I forgot how out of shape I am. I made it home though, and the next time hopefully will get easier.

buttonbuttonpin
Today I’d like to show you the 2 shawl pins I got while I was in British Columbia. The one above I got at Button Button. I love that it’s clear, it’ll match anything/any color.

chilliwackwoolpin
The second one, above, is a wood one, that I got at Chilliwack Wool & Craft. It’s a lovely two-tone wood. I absolutely love it. I like that the shawl stick goes through the heart, and doesn’t sit on top of it, like the clear/frosted one above from Button Button. A knitter can’t ever have too many shawl sticks/pins.

In case you’re curious to what knitted garment my shawl pins are on, it’s my Misty Garden scarf.

I started a new book the other night (2 nights ago), called The Yoga Mamas. I tried starting it on my trip to BC, but Mack was more interested in grabbing my book whenever I tried reading it. I didn’t get a chance to read at all during my trip (too busy crafting/exploring/sightseeing/yarn shop crawling). I had even brought 2 books with me, what on earth was I thinking? And then Bea gave me 6 more books in our book swap. Well, I’m home now, trying to get back into the swing of things, including reading. I want to out read the amount of books that I read in 2008 & 2009 together, this year. I think I can do it. I have a list of books that I read last year and the year before, so I just need to figure out how many I read both years to figure out how many more I need to read this year to beat that. It’s a personal goal, and I think it’s totally obtainable.

Today’s Link Love:
- Love this Yoda Tutorial (Crochet).
- Love this canvas.
- Love this Funky Necklace.
- Love this necklace too.
- Love this image.
- Love this Neat tutorial to make felted sand dollars.
- Love this great image.
- Love these shoes that I got in Florida back in January and can actually wear them out now!
- And now I love the shorter version of them.
- I wish I wore heels, these are super cute.

4 comments:

Amelah said...

Good for you, biking to the boys! I could just imagine how you were feeling after the first ride of the season!!!

The little yoda is too cute!!!

Ah yes, I remember those shoes. Are they comfy? Payless can be dangerous, specially during BOGO sale!!!

g-girl said...

poor sean. he's probably glad that things are back to normal for him swimming class-wise! yowza..i don't know how you made it there and back myself. oooh, love the shawl pins. i agree, one can never have too many. :) i like that gumball necklace.

Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVE the clear shawl pin!

Tara said...

I do the same thing (bring too many books, knitting, etc...) I'd rather overpack than not have something that I need, right?