Friday, January 29, 2010

january twenty-nine

I went into work early today, so that I could leave early. I wanted to come home, run a bubble bath (watermelon to be specific) and indulge in the book that I’m currently reading. I picked it up at Waldenbooks while in the USA at a huge discount as the Waldenbooks store was closing up shop, and so far, I’m enjoying it. It’s “email style”, which I like. My mom in the bookstore saw me pick up the book and said “Yeah, I thought that was more your style book” (as she’d already picked it up and put it back). Even though it’s almost 700 pages, I’ll get through it pretty quickly I think. I was in the bath for less than an hour and read over 60 pages. So far, so good.

When I picked up the kids from daycare today, I was informed that Sean went to the toilet twice while at school today. Once in the morning and once in the afternoon. I asked if he asked to go or if he was asked if he wanted to go, and his teacher said that she was taking a few of them to the bathroom and asked him if he wanted to go and he agreed, and went. I am so proud of him. Since he needs diapers for daycare, as he was running low, she asked me to bring some more diapers, as well as some pull-ups, so we can try those out during the day. I really hope that this is the start to getting him finally potty trained. However, when I asked if she was finding him drier during the day, she said he was still constantly wet. So I don’t know how far this will get right now, because even though he’s going to the potty, he still has no control over his bladder. Anyhow, baby steps. We’ll see where this goes. I do find him dryer in the mornings. He hasn’t woken up soaked since before our vacation. So that’s a good start as well.

My in-laws came for dinner tonight, bringing Poor-Man’s Lasagna (spaghetti lasagna). Oh she’s the best. I love Friday nights when they come over, as they bring dinner. It’s my one night off during the week when I don’t have to plan or think about dinner. I do have to say, my step-mother-in-law rocks. I wonder how many people actually love their mother-in-law?

After dinner a poker game started and some people came by. I did my own thing and watched some tv, and started a new knitting project.

malaworsted
I wound a ball of Malabrigo Worsted in Verde Adriana.

beretstat

And cast on a Spring Beret.

I’ve wanted a Beret for a while now. We’ll see if it looks good on me when done.

6 comments:

g-girl said...

that is awesome that sean went potty at daycare!! don't you just love verde adriana? :) can't wait to see your spring beret!

Cynthia F said...

That book sounds very cool!
And yay for Sean!!
Love the beret pattern, I bet it will look super cute on you- funny as I was thinking of making one for me too! Great minds think alike!

Bea said...

Your afternoon bath sounds like a really nice treat. What is spagetti lasagna? Is that just like spagetti? I think I used to be able to say that I loved my mother in law, mostly I still do, but she's made some very irritating opinions known lately.

Manicmag said...

Yeah for sean!!!
Can i borrow the book when you are done? sounds like something i might enjoy!

Anonymous said...

I think that beret will look awesome on you, especially in that green!

p.s. I love my mother-in-law!

p.p.s. I think I heard about that book- it was written by a guy in the style of a woman's email, or something? Is it good?

Tara said...

Ooh, great colour for your beret. And yay for taking the first steps to toilet training! I was so excited when Maxime was finally done with diapers.