Wednesday, December 30, 2009

december thirty :: 80 weeks old

Mack is 80 weeks old today.

He's one of my two future hockey stars. He's really gotten the hang of it.

My mom watched the boys for a bit this afternoon so I could run into work today to take care of anything that was really urgent and that needed taking care of. I didn't work last week since we were closed on Christmas Day & we had guests staying with us until the day before. There was a bit of work to do, and I took care of what was really important and left a few things that weren't so important for next week, when I'll be back in the office as normal. It's been a crazy last two weeks. It was absolutely freezing in my office today, but I did get my hands on a space heater. Also, my store manager has fixed the back door so no more cold air should be coming in from now on. Let's hope that helps as well. I can't really work at the computer with blue/numb fingers! Not so good. I am also really happy that I decided to leave the house today with my sweater, because sometimes I don't exactly wear it under my jacket. I did some groceries on my way home from work and picked up dinner for my 3 boys.

Tonight I went out knitting with some friends.

We had a lot of fun taking pictures of each other taking pictures.

I had a really nice time out tonight with my friends. It was a very peaceful evening with good conversation and good food. I am glad that I was finally able to eat food today, as I was feeling absolutely horrible last night. Whatever it was I had, passed, thankfully. I think I must have sweated it out in my sleep. I had a horrible night's sleep last night, but started to feel a bit better upon waking up this morning. So happy about that. Anyhow, I was able to eat dinner tonight, and I worked on my Mara Shawl. It's coming along very well and I am loving it. It's always nice to get some knitting done surrounded by good friends. I ended up taking a Caramel Fudge Cheese Cake home with me. I was only going to bring home 3 slices (1 for Jamie & I to share tonight, and 2 for tomorrow night (New Year's Eve)), but 3 slices cost 6$ each (18$ total) and the entire cake was 19.95$ so I opted to take the entire cake home for 1.95$ more. Smart decision. Yum! It's just heaven in a cake. I'm a huge fan of cheesecake, and to add in fudge and caramel just makes it 150 times better!

5 comments:

Bea said...

I'm glad the manager got the back door fixed and you found a heater. Sounds awful. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Smart decision to bring home the whole cake. Ouch that can get expensive by the slice.

Amelah said...

Aww I did not know you guys went knitting! Sad I Had to miss an evening out of knitting!! Can't wait for the next knit night!!

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

g-girl said...

great pic of you and mack! yeah, smart decision to just get the entire cheesecake than pay more for individual slices! i agree, the last two weeks of december were absolutely insane!!

Tara said...

I agree, cheesecake is one of my fave desserts of all time. I haven't had any in ages though! Hmmm... maybe I'll make one this weekend.