Tuesday, December 01, 2009

december one

I figured it out! I sat there during Twilight on Sunday night thinking "Wow, Victoria looks familiar"... but couldn't place her. Afterwards I finally looked up the cast. Then saw that Victoria was played by Rachelle Lefevre. Then I realized that I knew her! I used to be part of a youth group that she was in and we traveled to the USA one weekend back in 1996! I then dug through my photo box and found this picture of her, with a guy she met while down there. I must see if I can figure out who he is. It would be nice to catch up. I remember his nickname, but nothing else about him.

I now want to see New Moon. Haven't watched it yet.

This morning Mackenzie PUSHED me away at daycare. He also didn't cry at drop off. I think we're starting the next phase! This is good news. Let's hope it lasts. I'm hoping that he now realizes that Mommy does come to pick him up at the end of the day, and that he's not left there. We're on a new path! Sounds good to me.

This morning I had my new railing installed outside our house. Simple and clean looking. That's what we were going for. Practical and not too expensive. Jamie & my father tried to install something they'd picked up at RĂ©no Depot but it didn't fit our stairs, so we had to hire someone to custom make the new railing we had installed. Took the guy 5 minutes to install it. I couldn't believe how quick that was. Now it's safer for our mailman, our newspaper delivery guy, the postal delivery guy (larger packages than lettermail) and for our cleaning lady. Most everyone else in winter (family/friends) usually use the garage to come into the house.

Here is progress on my Bella's Mittens. I love them.
I can't wait to finish them so I can wear them.

Today I worked in the office. Nothing new or exciting going on over there. Same old same old.

Tonight my cousin's daughter received her blanket. She LOVED it. Above is her initial reaction.

Looks like a happy 5 year old.

Totally in love with her new blanket!
Now to get cracking on her brother blanket.
In blue of course.

Go check this video out on Zonda's Blog. Love it.

One week until Julie & Julia comes out on DVD. Must finish reading the book. I'm only about 1/3 into the book. Getting there, but it's taking me longer to read it than the last book I read. Sadly, there are a few books I want to read first (seem like quick reads) before I jump into the Twilight Saga, which I got the box set for mother's day this past year. I'll get there. Soon I hope.

Wow, December already??

Reminders:
- Dritz T-pins are now in stock in the shop.
- Holiday Themed Stitch Markers are also listed in the shop. Here, here & here.
- Huge pre-holiday sale going on in the shop. Go on, you know you want to check it out!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Jordyn's reaction to her blanket. It's great to see knits (ok, crochets) getting appreciated!

Bella's mitt looks great too!

Bea said...

She really does seem to like her blanket. Congrats.

g-girl said...

wow, talk about a small world! mack pushed you away @ daycare and he didn't cry? awesome! oh my gosh, jordyn looks absolutely thrilled with her new blanket!!! that's great. I started reading Julie and Julia too and am maybe a bit more further than you but I haven't picked it back up in about a week! :O

Sandra said...

Robyn
BTW - Rachelle Lefevre was also starring in the popular Teens (at least on VrakTV and BBC Kids in Canada) show: Big Wolf on Campus. That's where I saw her first - my daughter kept watching the show. It was a Canadian production.

Tara said...

Oh, you meant Victoria! I guess I should have kept reading then, lol!