Sunday, November 22, 2009

november twenty-two :: 151 weeks old

Sean is 151 weeks old today.

Today I got up bright & early as my friend Eugenie invited me to share a table with her at a christmas fair. It was at a French school near her house. I had never heard of the place before. Apparently it's the 2nd year this year that they are doing the Christmas Fair. It was actually 3 of us sharing the table. Eugenie, her friend Nydia and myself.

Along with some yarn that I brought to sell I've been busy making a lot of earrings. I brought my scrabble letter earrings, as well as another tree (you can see the tree on the photo above this photo). I totally though my earrings would sell a lot more than they did, but it's the yarn that sold more!

My fave on the table was Eugenie's cupcake pin cushions. I loaned her my cupcake stand that I bought for Mack's birthday party. It was so cute displayed like this!

When it was a little slow at the fair I worked away on Jordyn's Blanket, while Nydia made some crochet bracelets and Eugenie worked on some knitting. I really like the way that Jordyn's blanket is coming out and I can't wait to be done and give it to her. I will post a progress photo shortly.

I made some sales, and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. We originally thought it was from 10-4 but it turns out it was from 11-5. I was there quite early, but was able to relax once everything was set up and ready to go. It was nice practicing my French today (Nydia is French but was practicing her English today) and I was happy to practice my French. I am a little shy when it comes to speaking French, but I am bilingual, and understand way better than I speak. I did go to French Immersion school after all and have a bilingual diploma.

I want to thank Eugenie for inviting me to do to this fair today and for making me lunch. You are a super sweet person and I am glad to have you in my life. Thank you again.

I had a nice day, and even bought myself a necklace from the booth next to us. I will take a picture of the necklace I got and show you tomorrow. (I got home and there was no more daylight anymore).

All three of my boys were at home today, not feeling so hot. Mack didn't keep down his morning bottle, and I had to do laundry before even leaving the house this morning. His room was a disaster and we had to air out his room. Jamie thinks he has the eye infection that the kids had last week or was that two weeks ago now. Sean has a cough that I am not sure if it's getting better or worse. I am glad that Jamie was able to handle it at home today with me gone for the entire day.

We didn't go to my parents house for Sunday night dinner tonight because all the boys weren't feeling so hot. So instead of risking them getting worse and bringing germs into my parents house, we stayed in.

Sean, even though not feeling so hot, was silly as usual tonight. That never fails.
This apparently is his monkey face.

There was no desperate housewives on tonight due to the Awards show that was on, so Jamie & I caught up on a few more episode of Dexter (we're in season 4 right now trying to catch up to what's currently on Tv). I worked a bit more on Jordyn's Blanket while watching tv tonight. I really want to be finished it before her birthday on December 1st.

I had a really long day, and I'm now beat.

6 comments:

Dawn said...

Sean is such a cutie, and he's getting so big. I love the cupcake display!

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

The Christmas fair sounded like fun! It's nice to have company when you have to sit at a table for six hours! :)

I really hope that Mack feels better soon. I know I get crazy anxious any time the girls are the slightest bit sick. I feel for you!

g-girl said...

that's too bad your scrabble earrings weren't big sellers like you had hoped! goodness, eugenie's cupcakes are SO freakin' adorable! oh no...sorry to hear the boys weren't feeling too good-even worse about jamie possibly having the eye infections they boys had! :) ugh..

Bea said...

Glad you sold some things at the craft fair. I love the cupcake tree. Too cute!

Sorry all the guys are sick. I'm sending well wishes there way (though by now I guess they could all be healthy again...)

Amelah said...

Aw i would have loved to come by and seen this Christmas fair!?! I had no idea about it! Was there anything interesting there?

How did you do sales wise???

Sean is too cute!!

Tara said...

You're right, that cupcake stand really makes the whole display! Glad you had fun at the fair and were able to make some sales.