Monday, November 30, 2009

november thirty

We all woke up this morning....

To see the first snowfall of the year!

It's so white and pretty. I love it.

Here is the progress on Bella's Mittens.
I love them. They knit up sooo fast.


Specs:
Pattern: Easy Ripple Afghan by SusanB (Ravelry Link)
For: Jordyn's Blanket (For her 5th Birthday)
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in Amethyst & Orchid & White.
Hook: 5.5 mm (I)
Size: Toddler Length. Finished Size is 34.5” by 36” with 65 rows: 6 pink sections, of 6 rows per section. 5 white sections, of 1 rows per section. 6 purple sections, of 4 rows per section.
It’s 130 stitches wide.
Timeline: November 15th, 2009 - November 29th, 2009
Modifications: Followed pattern as published to my own desired length.
Opinion: Love it. Hoping Jordyn loves it, but can't see why she won't.
Her birthday is tomorrow, so I'll find out then!

Today was a rather chill day. I had some errands to run, so I took care of those in the morning and then came home, had lunch and worked from home all afternoon. I also spent some time today weaving in the ends for Jordyn's blanket. I can't wait for her to receive it tomorrow.

Tonight Jamie was a little bit late coming home from work as he had inventory tonight at work. I had fed the kids a special treat tonight, (McDonalds) as I didn't feel like cooking at all. It was easy and they really enjoyed it.

After the kids were in bed and Jamie was home from inventory, we sat on the couch, I worked on Bella's Mittens and we watched tonight's episode of Heroes. Bella's Mittens are knitting up quite quickly. I love them already. I cannot wait to wear them. Tonight I was able to finish the first one, except for the thumb. I wish I had time to knit a pair of these for everyone... that's how much I love them. I just simply don't have the time.

5 comments:

missfee said...

wow snow - it always amazes me to see snow in the city - we have already had a very hot weekend and bushfires have started too.

The Frampers said...

love the mittens! I'm gonna email you about when I'll stop by!

Bea said...

Yay snow! The blanket is really really cute.

g-girl said...

oooh. the snow looks so pretty!

Tara said...

Gotta knit me those mittens! And have you seen the crochet pattern for Bella's hat? You should totally make them, little miss crocheter!