Sunday, July 26, 2009

july twenty-six :: 134 weeks old

Sean is 134 weeks old today.

We had a power failure this morning and Jamie tried to explain to Sean what that meant. He went around showing Sean things that normally work with electricity and showed him that they weren't working. Anyhow, I guess Sean didn't really understand because when Jamie was done explaining things, Sean asked him to just fix it with batteries. (When something doesn't work Sean automatically says "Fix batteries daddy"... it's just too cute. Not everything can be fixed with batteries. Eventually he'll get that. Thank goodness the electricity was only out for about 30 minutes this morning.

At lunch we had Mack's friend Evah's first birthday party. It was at a local play gym near our house. Sean freaked out in the parking lot again, because it's next to his daycare. He thought he was going to daycare. He does love daycare but wasn't certain what was going on because Jamie was with us.

The boys had a great time playing with all the toys.

After the party we came home, hung out, I got to knit, and we just chilled until dinner. Since my parents had something tonight, we didn't go to their house for dinner, so Jamie went and picked up pasta from our fave Italian place nearby (which has whole wheat pasta on the menu for me).

Jamie and I hung out this evening after the kids were in bed, and since we had the power failure this morning and forgot to fix the PVR (date & time) it didn't record any of the usual Sunday night stuff we watch (Big Brother, Gene Simmons Family Jewels), so we watched Entourage and then channel surfed the rest of the evening. I worked on Ishbel, and now I'm just a little further than I was before Mack ripped out the needle out of the project yesterday. I lost a handful of rows (about 4 or so I think) and now have done about 6 in total, so 2 more from where I was.

Sean asked for a watch today. A blue one in specific. So I am going to go find him a blue watch. I am pretty certain I've seen an inexpensive Diego blue watch at a store nearby, so I will go see if I can get it. Inexpensive is key, because if he's as rough with the watch as he is with sunglasses (sunglasses break within minutes of his possession) then a watch won't last very long either.

6 comments:

lindsay said...

check dollarama, they might have a blue watch there and if sean loses it, oh well because it was only a buck!

Amelah said...

Cute, fix with batteries....

Looks like the boys had fun!

Bea said...

Maybe if he can't get the watch off then it won't be so easily broken? I was thinking that I remembered as a kid getting a gel/plastic watch as a party gift a couple of times. It didn't actually tell time but looked like a watch.

Unknown said...

I wish everything could be fixed with batteries!

g-girl said...

cute! I love that sean asked for a watch today. were you able to find one?

Tara said...

Émilie asked me for a watch once, and I think she wore it for maybe... an hour? So yeah, don't spend too much, it ain't worth it even if they don't break it!