Sunday, May 31, 2009

may thirty-one :: 126 weeks old

Sean is 126 weeks old today.

Something must be going on, because Sean woke up every 45 minutes last night and cried out for me. I am very tired today. He did wake up this morning with a slight fever, but we're talking really slight. I'm hoping it's nothing. I gave him tempra as soon as he woke up.

At 11 am I went with my mom and the 2 boys to the synagogue around the corner from my house for a Children's Concert. We went to see Jennifer Gasoi. She's originally from Vancouver but now lives in Montreal. She is very jazzy, and has a beautiful voice.

Sean even got up and danced near the stage! He's in the blue shirt and jeans. He was too cute.

There was lots of bubbles for the kids. She had this really neat bubble gun.

And after the concert she signed our CD that we bought, and it was really neat to meet her.

Sean was not interested in looking at the camera, of course.

I really recommend her CD. You can download it off the website here for 10$ or you can buy it as well if you need a hard copy. The kids music is a lot of fun and really enjoyable for adults as well. I caught myself listening to it today in the car while the boys watched their DVD. It's that good.

On the way home we stopped off at Botanix. I really want to go back there and walk around - there is such awesome stuff there and I only got to take a sneak peak. It's too unfortunate I didn't have more time. Basically, I picked up a pot of zucchini plants as well as 3 different types of cucumbers. A few of my plants died. (I am so mad). I also got Jamie to extend the vegetable garden in one year where there was just weeds before, so I can now plant 3 more zucchini plants there. I really hope that these new plants don't die. I really hate this weather and how cold it's been at night and all the rain which is just flooding.

While I was working in the garden, Sean played some ball. He looks like such a pro athlete in this picture above, the way he's holding his ball in the mitt. I swear, he's going to be my star athlete. He'll be the jock of the two boys, I'm sure.

Sean loves any sport. If I had to guess his four favorite sports are hockey, baseball, basketball, and soccer. He has a sick hockey slapshot and he can kick that ball pretty good. He's still working on his swing (baseball) and he is pretty good at getting the basketball into the net. I'm impressed.

Sean really wasn't feeling well all day. He barely ate lunch, we gave him some toast with butter and peanut butter. He still had a slight temperature at nap time and I gave him some tempra. Usually I ready him 3 or 4 stories before he goes for his nap, but today he was passing out after 1 book.

Mack got up as Sean was going down for his nap. It's really super hard to get them both to nap at the same time unfortunately. Sometimes we are SUPER lucky and can get that to happen, but today it just wasn't possible.

My mother and grandmother came over for dinner this evening. My sister came by for a bit too, but didn't stay for supper. I am kind of upset, because we got pizza from a restaurant in the city (my mom went to go pick up my grandmother to bring her over) and the restaurant screwed up on my pizza and didn't make it whole wheat. I am so mad. I was craving this pizza, and couldn't eat it. I called the restaurant and the first time got nowhere with the girl I spoke to. I called back a little bit after and spoke to the manager and the only thing he'd do for me is if I brought the pizza back tonight he'd exchange it for me. I was not running back into the city to exchange the pizza. That was not an option. Apparently the owner does not give credits. I tried explaining to him that I don't live near by and we drove into the city to pick up the pizzas. I will have to go back soon and get my craving fix! I used to order from there a lot when I lived in the city. We were supposed to go to my grandmother's place tonight for dinner, but because Sean had a slight fever, we decided to stay in. It was much better this way. Jamie had a poker night for my uncle's birthday tonight with the boys in my family (dad, brother, husband, etc), so he wasn't home this evening.

I'm hosting a knit-a-long on Ravelry for the Ishbel pattern. Here is the link to the group. Please come by and join us. We're officially starting to cast on June 19th, 2009. It's going to be fun, and I've been itching to cast on this project. I need to dig through my stash and see what I would like to use. There are a couple of options!

4 comments:

Bea said...

Have I told you that Sean is seriously looking like a little boy instead of a toddler? He looks like he'll be heading off to kindergarten before long.

Amelah said...

OMG! Sean looks like...like a.....KID!!!!!! Not my little baby nephew anymore!!!!!! He looks so handsome! He def is going to be the big time sports player!!! I better start saving my nights for all his games!!!! xox

hey my dinner was no better!!! I got ditched, after i passed up TWO dinner plans!!!

g-girl said...

amy's right---sean's growing up! sucks about the pizza. :( i can't believe they don't give credits.

Tara said...

Sadly, I wasn't able to cast on on the 19th. Soon though, I hope!