Wednesday, May 06, 2009

may six

This morning I went to the nutritionist after dropping off Sean at daycare (which when dropping him off, I learned that there is a kid in Sean's class who has the chicken pox) (Sean had his chicken pox vaccine at 12 months, but Mack doesn't have his shot yet - he'll get that on his next check up - and Mack's been crawling around Sean's classroom when I go to pick up Sean every afternoon and in the morning at drop off.... so I have to keep an eye open on Mack, for any signs of spots). At the nutritionists office, I'm now down 26.8 lbs.

Last night I got this lovely gift from Melanie at the West Island Knits/Crochet meeting. It was totally unnecessary, but I love it. Everything about it rocks.

Look at these super cute sheep earrings from Wee Ones on Etsy. Aren't they just adorable?

Thanks Melanie! You really shouldn't have!

This morning I received a book in the mail from my friend Miriam in Toronto. She's the one I stayed at her house when I went down the last weekend of April. There was a book on her shelf that I had seen that I wanted to borrow but forgot to ask her about. So when I emailed her for the title, she emailed me back asking me to borrow a book from me, which I knew I'd given away, but couldn't remember who I'd given it away to. The book was Callie's Tally and in the end I'd given it to my sister. So she gave it back to me, and I mailed it off to Miriam. I'll get it back to her the next time I see her, and I'll give her back her book at the same time. The book she sent me is called A Little Change of Face by Lauren Baratz-Logsted. Hope it's good.

This afternoon I went to go see the movie Ghosts of Girlfriends Past with my mom. We met up with my cousin Jenn and her son Henri as well as her mom (my aunt). The movie was alright, but just what I needed. A light chick flick. Mack's getting older and makes it not so easy to see a movie. He likes to be all over the place, touch everything, and talk too. He babbled quite a bit during the movie. Thank heavens that I had my mom with me at the movies, so we took turns holding Mack and keeping him occupied.

Tonight for dinner I made Pangassius fish again, and it was really good. It's the second time I've made it and it was delicious. We had it with steamed veggies, and it was a super healthy meal.

Tonight we chilled on the couch and watched Lost while I got in some knitting time. After we finished watching TV, I set in search for a missing receipt on my desk. Yeah, it was no where to be found at first. It was a crazy search, but after totally cleaning my desk, my desk at least is now clean. And then I realized it was in my pants pocket of that pants I was wearing the day of the purchase, and low and behold, it was in my bedroom in the pants.

I just want to remind people who order from the shop, that I can wind skeins for you before shipping out your parcel. It's a free service I offer. So if you don't have a ball winder, I'll gladly turn your skeins into cakes for you!

3 comments:

g-girl said...

oh i hope mack doesn't get the chicken pox! that was super nice of melanie to give you that special gift. :)

Amelah said...

Cute earrings! They totally suit you!

Tara said...

You were the victim of drive-by lovin'! Isn't it awesome?