Saturday, April 18, 2009

april eighteen

I woke up this morning to Sean screaming "Sean did potty! Sean did potty!". He was running around the top floor of our house nude. He was so proud of himself. I thought Jamie was with him, and when Jamie came upstairs, he thought I had been with him. However, I was still under the covers fast asleep when Sean undressed himself, diaper and all, and used the potty. All by himself! And didn't get a drip on the floor! I am so proud of him!

This afternoon Jamie took Sean to stand in line (2.5 hours wait!) to get some stuff autographed by Jean BĂ©liveau. He played for the Montreal Canadiens for 20 seasons (1952-1971), winning the Stanley Cup 10 times.

Here he is signing the 2 pictures that Jamie got today. We now need to find 2 frames to get them on our wall. We don't want to laminate them, so we'll find some nice frames.

This evening we dropped the kids off at my parents house and then Jamie and I went out for dinner to our fave place in the city, Cucina. We were so excited to go out and have super and were terribly disappointed with the horrible service we got! It seemed that they were a little under staffed, but the restaurant was NOT packed at all. Maybe it was just our luck. I did enjoy my fave dish there (Linguini Rossi Primavera) and at the end of the meal Jamie & I shared a piece of cheesecake (and boy was it soooo darn delicious). Diet aside, sometimes you just need to enjoy life a little! A little cheesecake ain't going to ruin anything, now will it? Nope!

It was nice though, aside from the bad service, to go out with Jamie without the kids. We don't get to do it often, so it was super nice. We talked about a possible vacation this summer with the boys, and I have to look into a few things, but we're thinking about going somewhere, but staying within Canada. The exchange rate is so disgusting, and it's just not worth crossing the border, plus there are plenty of provinces in Canada that neither of us have yet explored. I think it'll be fun!

We came home and after putting the boys to bed, we finished watching the Habs game, and unfortunately another disappointing loss tonight, with a nasty loss of 5-1 for Boston. I think both the goalie and the players are to blame. No one is getting goals, there is no defence when the puck's in our zone and also, Price is letting in WAY too many goals. They need to come together as a team. Really! Wake up boys! We can't let Boston win!

6 comments:

pahkcah02 said...

I went up to Halifax, NS one summer and really enjoyed it. With your fabulous bikini bod you'd probably love the beach!

Dawn said...

Yay go sean! What an accomplishment going potty all by himself

carolynswafford said...

Congratulations to little Sean! I hope you gave him a high five and a HUGE hug!

Tara said...

Congrats Sean! I can't WAIT for Maxime to get started along this road. 2 kids and 5 years of changing diapers, I've had enough!

g-girl said...

that is so awesome that sean went potty all by himself!!!!!

Bea said...

Yay Sean!!