Tuesday, March 31, 2009

march thirty-one :: 41 weeks old

Mack is 41 weeks old today.

Mack & I stayed in today, and I did a lot of work. I worked until there was about half an hour left before having to go pick up Sean from daycare, and used the treadmill for 20 minutes (I can now run 2 full minutes at 6.5 miles per hour) and when not running, I do a very fast walk at 5.5 miles per hour, while reading my book (I'm almost done reading Addition by Toni Jordan).

Both boys were in a good mood upon coming home from picking up Sean from daycare.

Mack's just been a bundle of smiles today.

Sean, had two separate issues today at daycare. I got a phone call around 11 am from the daycare coordinator. Apparently Sean was crying for me and saying that his eyes hurt. They found no crust, no puss, nothing from his eyes, not even any redness (nor any pink eye) and he was crying for me. He was currently getting ready to have lunch, so she said she'd see how he did during nap time, and if anything she'd call me back. Nothing. He was fine after. I'm wondering if it was just a plot to get me to come pick him up, as he knew that he got to stay home yesterday, that maybe he'd get to stay home today. Smart kid. I wasn't buying it.

Then, 5 minutes before I picked him up from daycare, he was hugging his friend Noah, and they bashed heads. Not sure if it was an accident or on purpose, but Sean got the bloody nose (Noah was okay). It was still bloody when I went to pick him up, and has been a little bloody off and on during the evening tonight. I am sure he'll be okay.

Wow, I realized tonight, I don't even know what to do for a bloody nose. Head up? Head down? Pinch the bottom of the nose? Pinch the top of the nose?? Well, that got me to google it to see what to do. I am sure this won't be our first bloody nose...

Oh, and a trick? Remember I talked about getting Sean out of daycare at the end of the day, and all he wants to do is run to the side door of the daycare where the playground is? Well, I now bribe him with happy face stickers (I got a bunch at the local Walmart the last time I was there, they give them to kids for free).... well now, I bribe him with 1 Happy Face sticker, to get his jacket and hat on, and into the car. He only gets it once we're in the car. Hey, it works.

I finally got the chance today to take a picture of the progress of my step-mother-in-law's vest. I even picked out a button for it, I'll photograph that tomorrow and see what you all think (and email it to my step-mother-in-law to see what she thinks of the button as well). I guess it's really only her opinion that matters, right? She'll be the one wearing it. Though, I think the button that I chose is a good one.

Tonight, Jamie picked up dinner on his way home from work, I wasn't in the mood to cook. Not one bit. Anyhow, after we got the boys to bed, we sat down on the couch and watched the Habs game. what a good game. We won against the Chicago Blackhawks, 4 to 1. What a game!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

I just got the Spring/Summer issue of Vogue Knitting and saw a feature about you in there. I just wanted to say Congrats!!

twinsetellen said...

I'll bet the head bash was on purpose but not meant to be aggressive, just to see what would happen. Now they know.

It's hard to believe how fast Mack has grown up.

Amelah said...

omg i remember how happy Sean was in Florida when we got the happy face sticker! So much i had to go back to the "happy man" and get him another one!!!

My nephews are too cute!!!

Dawn said...

Aww poor sean. I hope his nose is feeling better. I do the same bribing thing only with a half a piece of gum. Works wonders doesn't it?!

g-girl said...

sheesh..rough day @ day care, huh. i used to get bloody noses all the time as a kid and would just pinch my nostrils together which keeps the blood from spilling out but doesn't really allow it to clot as quickly as pressing on the cartilage (which I learned later on in life!). the worst is putting your head back though. :P

Bea said...

I think thats a better bribe then candy or something.

You step mother's vest is coming along so well.

Tara said...

I hate it when they come home damaged from daycare! But hey, it happens, right?

What did you find out about bloody noses, anyway? I always thought you were supposed to ice it and put your head up?