Friday, November 07, 2008

november seven :: 97 weeks old

Sean is 97 weeks old today.

I slept all day or vegged on the couch. Watched some TV, did some blog reading/catching up. Didn't move from the couch unless Mack needed a bottle or a diaper change. He was a really good boy today, took care of his sick mommy. I started feeling really ill last night, spent some time hugging the toilet (I'll spare you the details) and just took it easy today. At some points I did have slight fever, but nothing too high. I luckily had my mom pick up Sean from daycare today at the end of the day, (as Jamie didn't get home from work on time for that) but this morning was able to bring him there (though I probably shouldn't have left the house). Both of Sean's daycare teachers were out sick. Lovely. Something is definitely going around.

This evening I went a few streets away to my brother's house. (No difference of sitting on my couch or his... and after taking a nice long shower I felt better). So we went to celebrate his 25th birthday (holy crap, he's that old already?) and watched the Habs game. I did some knitting on the couch and my son flirted with one of my brother's blonde friends (the one sitting by the yellow balloon). My son, has a thing for blondes. How funny/cute. She fell in love with him. Not even 2 years old and has his way with the women! I swear, I'm going to have to watch out for this kid one day.

Sean ate too much chocolate birthday cake and was hyper. Yey, more birthday cake tomorrow for my nephew's birthday. Sean's going to be wired all weekend long! Fun! I cannot wait to see if my nephew likes my Skull hat that I knit for him! Tomorrow!

I had slight anxiety tonight. You see, I am afraid of balloons. I had one popped in my face as a young child, and have not liked them since. Not blown up anyhow. Sean popped one tonight, in his own face, and I freaked. Didn't even phase him. And then my brother's friend was playing with it, with Sean, and I swear it was going to pop. Sean also was putting it in his mouth and squishing another balloon. My heart was racing, totally freaked out about the balloon possibly popping. I know I'm not the only one out there that is afraid of ballons. Are you too?

5 comments:

Amelah said...

i am not afraid, but i dont like the sound of it popping either, makes me jump!

Bea said...

Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hopefully it is quickly over. I'm not afraid of balloons at all. I used to be the one that went around and popped them. I also used to run birthday parties at a bowling alley when I was a teenager and had to blow up hundreds of balloons each weekend.

Anonymous said...

Balloons are truly dangerous in mouths - don't let him mouth them! They can get into the windpipe. You were totally right to be concerned.

Knittymuggins said...

So sorry that you haven't been feeling well :( I hope you get some rest and feel better soon! Take care :)

knittymuggins

Tara said...

Émilie likes to lie down on blown up ballons to make them pop. LOL! I'm afraid of ventriloquist dummies, if it makes you feel any better ;)