Saturday, August 02, 2008

august two

These are my current fave new pair of shoes. American Eagles.
And comfy to boot. And super cute.

I received some mail late yesterday, forgot to blog about it! It's my prize from the Summer of Yarn Love Swap. Thank you Amy! I got some BFL Ultra yarn to dye (There is SOOO Much of it!) and a Sock Blocker Keychain kit. I actually may leave the BFL undyed and make a shawl with it or something. We'll see. A nice cream colored shawl would be awesome. Maybe I'll dye it, we'll see.

Amy and I also swapped. She was looking for some Black Cascade 220 and I was loving this skein of Woolly Boully yarn in Wisteria. Thank you for trading with me!

Today was a chill day around the house, and this evening we decided to go see the new Batman Movie The Dark Knight. Holy wow... HEATH LEDGER... He was a fabulous Joker. He will definitely win an award for his acting. It's too bad he's not alive anymore to do more movies. And Holy Wow... Christian Bale! Is he gorgeous, or is he gorgeous?!!!! Mmmmm!

Our Central Air stopped working tonight. One of the pipes if frozen. We're thawing it out right now, but chances are we'll have to call the repair guy Monday. I hope it's nothing serious. I can't take the heat. We've been having non-stop problems with the A/C unit since we moved in and turned it on. Not good.

Don't forget that as of midnight tomorrow night, (or rather early Monday morning) everything in my shop will be 20% off for my anniversary sale. It's my one year anniversary of Robyn's Nest! I can't believe it's been a year already! Time sure does fly!

Must:
- find keys that I misplaced.
- find where I put my SIN card.
- find my 2nd copy of Elizabeth Zimmerman's Knitter's Almanac.
- upload pictures to Flickr (I'm really behind).
- decide what pictures to print (there's a .10¢ print sale going on at a lab near me).
- fold and put away laundry.
- wrap Oli's 2nd birthday gift before party next weekend.
- knit.
- read.
- call A/C repair guy.
- clean office.

Jamie's on vacation this week, so I'll be able to get more stuff done while he entertains both boys (or at least Sean!) We're also hoping to perhaps go to Parc Safari one day this week, but it'll be a last minute thing, weather depending. We were thinking about going away with the kids, but we're not going to - as we think it'll be too difficult (even though Mack is totally portable right now anywhere). It's just too difficult, and no where really to go. Plus it seems like every weekend in August has something. Maybe next summer with both boys.

6 comments:

Cynthia F said...

ha I have those exact same shoes!! love them!!
i did some kool aid dying with july's kit today- it was super fun!!

Laura said...

ooh I hope you get your AC fixed soon! My parent's AC broke today and wouldn't you know it got up to 108* F today? It never fails that it breaks on the hottest day AND a weekend (and their new home, fortunately they have a home owners warranty). Try to stay cool!

lauriec said...

Oooh Parc Safari! That totally takes me back!

Tara said...

I loved the Dark Knight. It made me want to kick Heath Ledger in the teeth for being so stupid, though. Such a waste.

Amelah said...

Nice yarn :)

g-girl said...

hey, your prize looks vaguely familiar! ;) ugh..still waiting to see dark knight! we keep hearing that it is SO good!