Thursday, August 07, 2008

august seven

Instant Gratification!


Specs:
Pattern: Meathead Hat by Larissa Brown (Ravelry link)
For: Jamie's unborn cousin. His cousin Bonnie is due in November with a little girl, Hannah-Rose. (Took her 8 years to get pregnant!) We're so excited, and I get to knit in pink. I also have plans to make this top for her too. It'll go into a gift basket that I'm making.
Yarn: Handspun
Needle: US 15 / 10 mm
Size: small
Timeline: August 7th, 2008
Modifications: Followed pattern as published.
Opinion: Love it! I can't wait to give it to Jamie's cousin at her
baby shower with the rest of the gift basket that I am making for her.

I needed a change from everything I've been knitting lately (when time actually permits). So this was nice change, and a quick knit (few hours). I started it at the Ariadne SNB tonight and finished it just after getting home.

Speaking of getting home.... I had to leave the SNB early this evening because as Jamie had ball, my parents were babysitting Sean. He was rubbing his eyes and asked (without words) to go home into his crib. So my parents brought him home, and he went straight to bed after having a bottle. I couldn't believe it...! Bedtime and nap time routine has been great lately. Routine = good.

I got these in the mail a few days ago, the box got put on my dresser and was actually forgotten about. I picked up a few other items, (some knitter friends' birthdays are coming up), and can't wait to crack open a beer in my new beer glasses.

I forgot to mention the other day Jamie & I watched Hancock. Or rather, I watched Hancock while Jamie snoozed on the couch. The movie to me wasn't that good, thank goodness it wasn't very long. (1 hour 23 minutes).


Secret Pal 12 - Question of the Week 9:

In many communities, "the fair" is a great place to visit and spend time with your family. It's also where many have entered one product or another (jams, cakes, even knitting)... Have you ever entered your knitting (or anything else) in the fair? Would you ever consider it?

I have never entered in one and have never considered it before since this is the first time I have ever heard about it. I'm not even sure those exist in my area. We have craft shows, but none that have judging for knitting garments, etc.

Edited to add:...for those of you who live in parts of the world w/o fairs...would you ever consider entering your knitting in a competition?

I don't see why not... just never had the opportunity to do so.

9 comments:

michelle w said...

My grandmother lives out near Cornwall and they have a country fair in her area, the Williamstown fair. She enters her knitting and usually wins something! I think it's this weekend.

Tara said...

Nice hat! I know what you mean about needing a change in your knitting. Nothing feels "right" to me lately.

gaspe knitting gal said...

cute hat robyn, the fair is every year in the eastern townshops, they have judging for all kinds crafts, hens, horses cows, pickles, jams fruit and vegetables, it id alway on laqbor day weekend , they also have shows.

Amelah said...

Cute hat & cute drinking glasses! lol. Where did they come from?

Hattie said...

I'm entering some stuff in the fair this year here. Two handspun skeins, a shawl knit from handspun, and in the knitting section, another shawl, socks and mittens. We'll see, this is my first time doing it!

Unknown said...

How wonderful that Jamie's cousin was able to have a baby! The world needs all the really dedicated parents we can get!

Jenny said...

Hooray for schedules! I swear I don't think we could have survived without one, so I am happy to hear it is working so well for you and Sean!

g-girl said...

very cute hat. that is so awesome that jamie's cousin got pregnant after all those years!!! and the top is going to be darling!! she'll love it. :)

Jennifer Lori said...

You spun the yarn for that hat?