Sunday, March 09, 2008

march nine :: 31 days :: day nine

Day nine. Snow, snow, go away... come back next year. (Or never, I'll be okay with that too).

Woke up this morning to a LOT of snow. It was taller than my hand from the ground up. And there usually is stairs to walk up to my front door. But the snow is completely level to the top stair! That's a LOT of snow! (And yes, that's Sean's Diaper Champ outside. I put it out last night so it would "freeze" the poop.... so it wouldn't smell when changing it to a clean bag and disposing of the waste. Hey - it works!)

And this is my back patio..... My backyard - well there is no yard anymore! It's snow, snow, snow, and more snow. Can you tell I'm ready for spring? Look how HIGH it is!

Today I made Sean some Kraft Dinner for lunch. (Mac & Cheese to those of you whom don't call it Kraft Dinner). He got it ALL over his face! It was just soooo cute. He loves feeding himself, so this is the results!

Sean wants to know if you want any Kraft Dinner? He's willing to share it with you. See??

Tonight we went out for dinner with my family for my father's birthday and Sean drew his grandfather (whom he calls Zayda (yiddish for grandfather) - or he will when he can say it!)

He's just my little artiste. He did a bit of it with his right hand and some with his left hand. I wonder if he'll be a righty like me, or a lefty like his father.

Just wanted to let you all know about some free hand lotion. If you go here, and fill out the form, and are willing to blog about your review of the lotion, I believe a sample is yours free. I actually got a sample of this lotion via Drea's blog a bit ago, but I wanted to share this information with you incase you were interested in checking out their dry skin lotion.

I was supposed to borrow two books by Meg Cabot from my sister (was going to start one) but my mother grabbed them, so now I have to wait until she's done reading them to get my hands on them. So now, I have to find something else to read, because whatever I was going to read, I've put on hold for later, wasn't into it. I'll let you know what I decide to start reading.

Kimber mentioned these Peekaru's on her blog, and now I want one of the original ones for baby boy number 2. Maybe I'll add it to my wish list for baby number 2! I'm loving the turquoise blue color. Or black matches everything!

Day nine. Spent no money at all. Another day down, 22 more to go. We've got a very busy week ahead of us, so I'm hoping it keeps me from shopping!

17 comments:

Bea said...

When you said blizzard you really meant it! Hopefully it should help with the slow month?

Anonymous said...

That is a LOT of snow! Brrr.

FinaDrea said...

wow... that is a lot of snow.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Sean can keep the KD...or at least my share of it, lol. I detest the stuff...well actually cheese in general (though I'm weird cause I'll eat it on pizza, in lasagna or the parmasean kind on spaghetti). His pictures are cute with it all smeared on his face.

Bertha said...

June's favorite food is macaroni & cheese, so I am very familiar with that face!

Firefly said...

The snow didn't help me with not spending, I was stuck at home and caved on a late night ebay purchase, i put in a bid before I went to bed thinking since here were hours left I would definitely be outbid, and I wasn't. So a cute bag for me and beack to day 1 of no spending, this is harder than I thought! (and I know it is only the beginning of March, I am just trying to trick myself into hinking it will be over soon;)

adrienne said...

i guess you don't want to hear about our beautiful spring weather out here in the bellybutton of california, huh?

just pretend i didn't say anything about the sunshine, okay?!

can't believe the amount of snow you have there.

Carol said...

Oh yeah, we still have snow to shovel. but we can get in and out of the house and driveway now, so my hubby and I have decided to ignore it for a day or two. Getting the snow that HAD to be moved took hours. Even with the neighbour with the snowblower. That was some storm....

Anonymous said...

I'm glad we don't get that much snow - but it's nice to get a snow day. What kind of books do you like to read?

Anonymous said...

forgot to mention how cute the card that Sean made.

Nick & Lizzy said...

Ew, I feel bad for you with all that snow, but at least it's CLEAN AND PRETTY new snow...ours is dirty and gray these days...

missfee said...

great card - love little peeps drawings - so uninhibited.
And so love the snow we are still muggy and hot here at the moment.....

Anonymous said...

HOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! That is alot of Snow!!!! I heard on the news that you guys were expecting snow!!!!

Cute card that Sean made!!!

Balkan Style Bloggers said...

Tell Sean, he can keep his mac-n-cheese to himself! What is it with kids and Kraft dinner? I loved it as a child, and my children can never get enough of it.

I think it's ingenius freezing his poo-poo! :)

Cynthia F said...

wow you guys got a huge pile o' snow out there! i was thinking about you guys over the past few days when the weather report comes on.
i won't tell you that here the cherry blossoms are starting to come out and little birdies are starting to chirp and flowers bloom...oops did I say that out loud...? :)) it is raining if that's any consolation....

g-girl said...

wow. that is a lot of snow. you poor thing...at least it's keeping you from spending! those peekarus are so cute!!

Tara said...

I loooove Kraft Dinner! Of course, I make "gourmet" mac 'n cheese, with about 10$ worth of cheese melted on top. LOL!