Wednesday, November 21, 2007

November 21 of 30

While cleaning up today, by the fireplace, there is a spot to store your wood in our new house. Next to some wood, I noticed the name Katia... and thought "Hey, that's a brand of yarn!". Upon further inspection, I realized that it is, and it wasn't mine. Was the previous owner a knitter? Did someone she know or someone in her family knit? I thought it was pretty cool.

I've never heard of this brand before, but now I'm curious. I googled it. Turns out it's a narrow ribbon yarn - looks like eyelash. (NOT my style!) Released in Fall of 2004 and Discontinued in Fall of 2006. So it's a recent ball of yarn, not something vintage. 2004-2006 wasn't that long ago!

Today I got some stuff done around the house, but it's really hard with Sean. All he wants to do is touch everything and play - so getting work done when he wants my attention is impossible. I've filled some Robyn's Nest orders, and will be getting to the post office hopefully tomorrow (crossing fingers for no snow - my winter tires are at the old house until Saturday when Jamie is borrowing a cube truck from someone to get the rest of the leftover stuff out of the house). Then I can make an appointment for Monday to get my winter tires put on.

Tonight I went knitting with Montreal Knits. I outted myself to my Secret Pal 11 pal, who happens to be in my own city. It was fun (yet tricky) spoiling her, but in the end, she said she had a hunch it was me. Oh well. She still had fun. I gave Sarah, my SP11 pal her final package, which she seemed to love. This is the first time I was able to watch my pal open her parcel! SP12 won't be until Summer of 2008, as the hostesses are taking a break for a bit. There will be plenty of other swaps going on, so that if you're looking to swap, you won't miss out. All you have to do is google knitting + swaps, it's amazing what pops up! Maybe I'll head over and check out some other stuff that I've been missing out on, because I wanted to concentrate only on SP rounds as a participant & as hostess. I've had some good times with SP, and I can't wait for the next one, next summer.

I was able to work on a few rows of my nephew's Drive-Thru Sweater this evening, which was nice. I haven't knitted a stitch in a few days, and was jonesing to get some knitting done. I have until Xmas to get that sweater done, which I know is plenty of time, but still! I hate deadlines.

No comments: