Wednesday, January 31, 2007

On a Roll...

So I've been on a roll... or a groove rather, if you want to call it that, for 2 days now. It's been 2 days of successful breastfeeding (with the occasional bottle when I am out of the house). My milk supply seems to be very sufficient, and I am very happy about that. I don't really have a "stash" but hope to be able to create enough of one, so that I have milk for when we got out - but don't have to pump right before leaving. That would be nice.

Sean's Ocean Wonders crib toy seems to be only half working. Yannick, Jenn's husband installed it on Saturday night while they were over visiting, and we cehcked the batteries - they all tested good. Now, only the music and the lights work, the bubbles and the fish that are supposed to move on a track - don't move. I'm going to have to get Jamie to look at it this weekend, I don't understand why it doesn't work?

I am really worried about Sean's bowel movements. He hasn't had one in almost 24 hours, and if I don't see one soon, I'm going to have to use the thermometer trick that the hospital told me about (when I called shortly after being released from the hospital).

My order from Amazon.ca came last night, wasn't expecting it for another 2 weeks (due to a book that said 10-14 days for shipping) and I received:

- Knit 2 Together by Tracey Ullman & Mel Clark
- Friday Night Knitting Club by Kate Jacobs (They're making this into a movie - Julia Roberts is staring in it! I can't wait!)
- The Wedding Girl: When 'i Do' Gives You Deja Vu It Could Be a Problem... by Madeleine Wickham

Now, as soon as I have some time, I have a bunch of books I want to read, and a bunch of stuff I want to knit. It should be soon that I will start getting into my groove - it's slowly starting, but not quite there yet. Everyone keeps reassuring me it will happen - being a new mother for the first time, I'm slowly learning & getting there! Wouldn't trade it for anything in the world! I suppose I could read while nursing, instead of surfing the net! (Well - that's technically reading too - right?)

3 comments:

Drea said...

yippie for the breastfeeding :-) im happy for you.

Jofrog said...

Is the Ocean Wonders thing on the three bars? We have the same one and everything only works if the switch is on three bars, not one or two. Hope that's the problem.

Congratulations switching back to breastfeeding so easilly! That's GREAT news!

~Jo~ said...

You may want to try exercising for Sean. Grab his legs by the ankles and make him movements like he were bicycling. It's a natural way to help him go... ;)