Sunday, December 10, 2006

Cross Stitching Isn't For Me

Today is Jamie's 31st birthday. And he let me sleep in until 4pm. I wanted to spend the day with him, but, he said I looked so peaceful sleeping, that he left me be. He spend the day doing some hockey card stuff on the internet. He says he now knows why I like to swap so much - because it's soo much fun! He's been trading hockey collectible cards or something over the internet! Funny guy!

We went for dinner at 6pm with his father and step-mother. It was a really nice dinner, and though, not feeling too good, I didn't eat much. We went for Chinese. We brought home leftovers, Jamie will probably take it for lunch tomorrow to work.

He says that he spent his birth just the way he wanted to. He doesn't like to make a big deal out of his birthday. I am glad he got to spend it just the way he liked to.

Tomorrow I have an 8:15 am OBGYN appointment, and then I have a bunch of things on my TO DO list that I hope to get accomplished. I don't know if I will make it to Aqua tomorrow night, I will see how I feel. I've been kind of depressed over the last few days, fucking hormones. I don't know what's gotten into me. I hope to snap out of it soon, and I hope the doctor gives me some news on any dialation or cervix effacement tomorrow, because I'm counting down the days now until Sean's born. I think the nurse is going to kill me tomorrow, I think I've gained a lot of weight in the last 2 weeks since my last appointment, and I don't think it's a good thing for the baby. I will speak to the nurse tomorrow. I'm supposed to be only gaining a pound a week, and in the last two weeks I think I've gained a lot more than that..... but my boobs do feel a lot heavier. (Maybe it's my milk production - who knows). I'll find out more tomorrow at the doctor's office.

I can't believe tomorrow is the 11th, and my official due date is January 11th - just ONE month away. It's time tomorrow to finalize my hospital bag, and finish washing those last few baby items.

Today, I finished watching Season 4 of Sopranos. I'll re-watch Season 5 starting tomorrow ( I'm pretty sure I've seen all of it with Jamie) and also re-watch Season 6, which I did watch this past summer - to catch up for Season 6 part 2 which SHOULD start sometime in the new year. After I'm done catching up on The Sopranos, I'm not too sure what I'll do with my time while knitting. Maybe I'll watch a bunch of movies.

Speaking of knitting... I have a picture update of my progress on the married socks:

I think they're coming along nicely!

I've also started working on the Cross Stitch I'm doing for my mother.

Here is what I've accomplished so far:

To be honest, I am NOT sure that Cross Stitching is for me. I don't think I like it. However, I will finish off this one that I'm working on, I'm not going to let it go to waste, so I'll do it, frame it, give it to my mother, and then continue on in life with other projects (such as knitting and crochet, scrapbooking perhaps, and definitely sewing), but I think I'll be giving up on the Cross Stitching!

To show you what I've accomplished above in retrospect - here is the pattern highlighted of what I've done so far. (I'm highlighting as I go on, what I've done):

I am going to go upstairs and read, hopefully it will tire me out. I have to get up super early tomorrow to go to the doctor, and I'm no where near tired because my dear husband let me sleep in. I don't think I've slept in until 4pm since high school. Wow! I guess I really needed my sleep!

Sean, mommy wants to meet you already, when are you coming?!

No comments: