Thursday, August 03, 2006

He Got "The Call"

I'm still at school, it's 9:44pm, and I'm working away at my assignments due tomorrow (there's AC here, and just AC in the bedrom at home!) and Jamie just called to tell me that he got "the call". At first I didn't know what he meant, but then as he started spitting it out, I realized....
Jamie's grandmother just passed away not too many moments ago. Bubbie Rae was his last living grandparent. Just a few days ago they said she could live another 6-8 months. Just yesterday I was on the phone with Jamie's sister making plans to go this weekend to see her in the hospital.

Not sure when the funeral is, but I am guessing it will be Sunday. Wow, what a week next week will be, shiva and 3 exams and 2 final projects. I can manage, I'm good at handling things. I'm good now, I broke down as I was getting off the phone with Jamie, in tears. I loved Bubbie Rae, even though she has only known me for just over 4 years. It's too bad that she didn't make it to see her 2nd great-grandchild, but her name will live on, for we shall give our daughter the middle name of Rose, for R for Rose and R for Rae, both of Jamie's late grandmothers.

Anyhow, it's almost 10 pm, and I do want to get out of here sometime soon, as I do have more work to do at home with my printer (no colour printer here in the classroom - only in the school bookstore, which closed at 7pm)....

More later. It's been a long day.

No comments: