Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Final Secret Pal 8 Package Arrived & Book Shopping Spree!


My final SP8 Package has arrived today! I love it! Thank you Maggie (Whom has revealed herself!) I plan on checking out her blog this weekend after I graduate! (And have time!) This package included: A LOT of Cherrie flavored and themed items. (Chocolate covered cherries, jello, gum, candies, Maranchino, keychains, iron-0n/sew on patch, bracelet, and 3 awesome keychains! Also a pair of earrings - and yes, Maggie, I have my ears pierced - MORE than once! Including a TRAGUS piercing - 18 guage) I got a Koala bear magnet from the school she attends, and an elephant bookmark. I love elephants!) I also got LOVE YOU FOREVER by Robert Munsch. I already own this one - Munsch is my FAVE children's author. I actually have The Paper Bag Princess signed to me from him, and I even got a picture taken with him at Chapters when he came to Montreal (he's from Ontario). There is actually NOTHING wrong with owning 2 copies of a Children's book. Now I can have a copy for home, and a copy to keep in the car or travel bag - kids always need to be entertained!) I got some AWESOME Peaches & Cream yarn (she wanted to get Vesper Yarn from Lettuce Knits - but they were all sold out! Oh well, maybe the next time I'm in Toronto, they'll have some in stock!) BUT - this Peaches & Cream is GORGEOUS - I love the colours. She also sent some Trekking XXL sock yarn (I love sock yarn!) Thank you again Maggie - and enjoy Seasons 1 through 4 of ER, which I sent her as a thank you for being my secret pal, as she is a HUGE fan of the show, and actually has never seen season 1.

Today, I decided to buy myself a little graduation present. I went a little nuts on Amazon.ca as well as Chapters.ca - I will have from next week until the baby is born to read, read, read.... (I can tell you that I have NOT read a single personal book (except a little of What to Expect While Expecting AND a little of Pregnancy for Dummies) since I started school in September 2005. I have NOT had any time. I love to read. I read, read, read... and I plan to read, read, read... lots of books!


I bought on Amazon.ca:




From Chapters.ca I bought:


- The Shop On Blossom Street by Debbie Macomber
- Girlbomb: A Halfway Homeless Memoir by Janice Erlbaum
- Baby Proof by Emily Giffin


I miss reading. I plan to get back into it starting Saturday! (Or maybe even Friday night!) Can't wait to get my new books in the mail! Oh - and I love getting mail - so that is a double whammy!


Today I ran around the city doing errands. I returned (recycled) 2 full garbage bags of bottles & cans back to the grocery store. I picked up a new jug of water for our water cooler. I went to Old Navy (they had no dresses or fancy things, just some tank tops and such on liquidation, which I picked up a bunch), I also went to 3 different Winners (TJ MAXX for you Americans) and found 3 skirts, and 2 are going back tomorrow or whenever I can do the return. I also did a bunch of things around my house, dropped off some stuff at my dad's office that I borrowed from my mom (so he could bring it to her tonight), went to the post office to mail my final SP8 package to my secret pal, as well as a swap pacakge to Lainie - and also my final One Skein Secret Pal package. (She requested yarn instead of something knitted - that was her choice - and fine by me, since I'm busy with graduating!) I even did groceries.


Today I got A LOT done. I even studied, and since my 2 exams tomorrow are 1 x 10 questions in multiple choice and 1 x 20 questions short answers, and our teacher gave us all the questions and all the answers (I KID YOU NOT!) I basically wrote them out on the computer, with no answers (even for the multiple choice - since I only know what the correct answer is - not what letter it'll correspond to on the exam) and I basically quized myself, by closing the answers, and actually "taking a fake test". I've tested myself 3 times already today, and each time I've gotten all the answers CORRECTLY on each exam! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO ready for tomorrow's exams. (It's Friday's exams I am a LITTLE worried about).


Last night at the shiva house I got bitten up by mosquitos. (I was sitting outside for most of the night, on the porch talking with people). I can't stand those fuckers. I'm bitten up all over, and them seem to have swollen up. Ugh, all I want to do is scratch, which will just make it worse. Benadryl cream works, but only for a certain amount of time. Ugh. I'm going nuts. I hate bugs. I hate being bitten by bugs.


Alright, wish me luck for my exmas tomorrow, and THANK YOU AGAIN MAGGIE FOR THE AWESOME PACKAGE!

No comments: