Monday, July 31, 2006

UNTANGLED!


Last night I stayed up til 2 am, COULD NOT SLEEP and wanted to get the friggin' huge ass knot out of this yarn. I put in probably about 5-6 hours of detangling, and finally got it undone, and into a cake. I can't believe my dedication to this yarn. Had it been some yarn that was bought from a store, I would have given up, and gone to buy a new ball. But this yarn was specially hand dyed for me, and well, I was determined! I can't wait to see how it knits up.

Today was a LONG day with only 4 and a half hours of sleep.


I got my photoshop final project about 93% finished, and I am so happy about that. I just have a few final touches to do, and I'll hand it in next Monday and not have to worry about it any longer.


In my afternoon class I got some troubles fixed in my Quark Assignment (16 page brochure that I'm doing a travel guide on)... and tomorrow my teacher said I could bring my nephew with me as I can't find a babysitter.


This evening I tried lying in bed tonight at 8:15 until about now, but couldn't fall asleep. I am beyond exhausted due to lack of sleep and school and my 3 1/2 year old nephew whom tires me out! Boy does that kid have energy!



I am going to try to get my hand on this book, because I own the second one, A Good Yarn, which apparently is the sequel to this book! Ugh. Oh well, I will keep my eye open for it, but amazon.ca says 4-7 weeks for shipping! What is this! Books that I want, I can't seem to get delivery in a decent amount of time! Has anyone read it, any good?

Today I got a bill from the government saying that because I'm married now, they paid me too much in returns at tax time. WTF??? I am going to speak to my father-in-law about it, but I don't want to pay them the money they originally said was mine! Ugh! (And that money is long gone on bill payments, anyhow!)

Rent is due tomorrow, and I hope I do not have issues with my *new* tenants whom have not moved in yet. I forgot on Saturday to write about the cigarette smoke that we were smelling in our bathroom and our hallway of our place. Someone was upstairs smoking in their bathroom. We share the EXACT same air ventilation shaft in our bathrooms, and you can actually hear the people upstairs loud and clear. (That's the only downfall of the way that was built). Anyhow, who smokes in the bathroom? So I went upstairs, and rang the bell. Rang the bell again. Heard someone in there, but no one was answering. Knocked. Someone finally came to te door, still not opening it, asking who it was. I said I was the landlord. They opened the door, she had a cigarette in hand. I had no idea who this person was. Anyhow, turns out, she's a cousin who came to clean. When I told her that I didn't mind if she smokes in the apartment (I do mind, but whatever, I had no idea that smokers were inhabiting the place, and that will be a clause for the next lease for whomever rents - that it is a NON-SMOKING PLACE) but to not smoke in the bathroom, since we share the same airshaft. I told her I was pregnant and the smells was making me nauseas. SO GROSS. She apologized and was all friendly, etc.

Ugh. Didn't even think to ask if they were smokers, and I will have them clean the apartment from head to toe to my satisfaction before they clear out their stuff, and wash the walls, etc, to get as much smoke out as they can. The shit stays! I really hope that I do not have a problem with the smoke. I hadn't smelled it up til now. And I realized later on that evening when it sounded like the water upstairs was running for 2 hours, I thought someone was cleaning something at first, but it was the toilet running, and no one was there. Anyhow, I went up to check it out, and knocked, no answer, so I entered with my key. Fixed the toilet. On my way out I noticed that there was a matress on the floor in one of the rooms with a TV on the floor was well, with a packet of smokes on the bed, and trash all over the floor. Geez! Ugh. How dirty. So I was right! She's been bringing back gentleman callers in the middle of the night. FUN!

Anyhow, getting back to how I started this whole subject, if I don't hear from her by 6pm tomorrow, I'm calling her to ask where the rent is, and if I have to, I'll threaten to deposit the check I have from her. (She says she wants to pay me cash, well it's due on the 1st of the month!) I am really starting to get a really bad feeling about these tenants. I hope they only stay one year and I have the joy of finding new tenants next year, but hopefully it will be worth it.

Mood swings have really taken over this week, and I'm finding a lot of things irritating me. I should just let things slide. I hope this is just a phase and it goes away. It could also be because I'm over tired. That is a HUGE possibility.

I just got off the phone with my grandmother, it was really nice talking to her. It's been a while because school has been so busy. I'm picking her up Saturday night to go out for dinner for my cousin Jenn's bachelorette dinner, should be nice. (My grandmother doesn't drive at night anymore, if she doesn't have to, or can avoid it, so I figured I'd offer her a lift to dinner and back afterwards). It'll be good to see her.

Alright, it's WAY past my bed time. And I'm struggling to keep my eyes open anyhow.

No comments: