Friday, June 30, 2006

Mail For Me!

I've been receiving really good mail lately!
I got some fabulous stitch markers from Holly:


Today I went at about 11:30 am over to my in-law's place and my mother-in-law taught me how to make Halishkes (Cabbage Rolls). I couldn't believe HOW easy they are to make! We even baked a little and made some banana cake. She made me some lunch (I had salad - with her homemade dressing - my fave in the entire world) and it was delish!
This evening I've been knitting up a storm (come back tomorrow for pictures!) I have been working on the blanket for charity. It's coming along great.
Tonight I watched 2 foreign movies, the first being My Summer of Love and the second movie I watched was Saving Face. On IMDB it reads "User Comments: You do not have to be Lesbian to enjoy this Film!" for My Summer of Love. Funny - I had no idea this was a movie about two girls who fall in love before watching it. The movie was not bad. The second movie I put in - Saving Face, which IMDB reads: "Plot Outline: A Chinese-American lesbian and her traditionalist mother are reluctant to go public with secret loves that clash against cultural expectations." Wow - two lesbian movies in one night, and I picked them both out without even realizing they were both lesbian movies. Both were interesting, but just okay. Saving Face was half in English and half in Chinese.

No comments: