Friday, June 02, 2006

I've been knitting!

This morning in class I found out that I will be having an exam on my birthday. I am really quite not happy with this - and made a few jokes with the teacher asking her to postpone it for a week - but she won't. Oh well - I guess I will have to deal with it. It just sucks. It's 20% of my final mark and it's a super hard test. I've had this teacher before and she's super tough. I'm going to have to sit down and write out notes for everything that is on the test - which is pretty much everything that she's gone over in class since the beginning of the semester, and it's not exactly the easiest stuff in the world to remember. Also - it's useless shit - that I'll never need to know in the future, because I don't exactly plan on working at the printing press, I want to be a graphic designer, but we need to know everything - and that includes what happens "after" we hand off our files to a printing press. Ugh!

So, my friend ditched me for lunch. She made plans for me to meet her for lunch, and then 30 minutes before I was supposed to meet her, she calls me - while I'm in class, and tells me that her apointment got cancelled until later and she can go for coffee at 3pm, but not lunch at noon. I was starving, so upon leaving school I headed straight to the deli around the corner from my house and got these amazing Thai Noodle dishes that I was totally craving. It was delicious.

My friend Mindy ended up coming over and we were going to go for a walk, but I was just too tired, so instead we watched a movie. We started with Match Point, but it was too slow and we didn't get into it (I may try it later before returning it to the video store) and so we watched Transamerica instead. As different as Transamerica was - I really enjoyed it. I think I recall hearing that it won a bunch of awards. I thought it was really good.

She stayed for a while longer, we watched Oprah, and just chatted, it was quite nice.

For dinner, Jamie's dad and step-mom came over & they brought over a homemade lasagna for dinner. Boy was it delicious! I will NEVER say no to my mother-in-law's cooking! It totally hit the spot - it was exactly what I was craving.

This evening I did not play poker, but instead, I sat on the couch, knit and watched Last Comic Standing - they re-ran the season premier with all the auditions. There was one comedian, Nikki Payne, whom I've seen live at Just For Laughs last year - she actually made it onto Last Comic Standing - which is great for her! She's really funny - and I think I'm going to root for her! And she's Canadian!! Nikki hails from Sackville, Nova Scotia.

I am progressing on my Clapotis. It's coming out different than I was thinking in my mind - but I like it. Which is a good thing, actually, because it would be a shame to have knitted this much and then to not like it. You know?

Today, I am still coughing and I finished my medication this morning. If this cough does not go away by Monday I think I'm going to go back to see the doctor.

I'm going to go lie down in bed. I'm beyond exhausted.

No comments: