Thursday, March 30, 2006

Swatching Noro & Presenting Menu

I slept in this morning until 9:30 am - had set my alarm for 8:30 am - but just couldn't get out of bed. I finally kicked my ass out of bed, and finished up (just in the knick of time) my menu project for my Typography class. I had just enough time to hop into a quick shower, get dressed, grab a banana and a yogurt and get a parking spot around the corner from school and slide into my seat just as class was starting.

My presentation went really well - I think. I am a little worried about her correcting my assignment, as this is my first project for this teacher and I am not so sure about it - but we'll see how it goes. This is the class where the original teacher just came back from having breast cancer and couldn't take on so many classes, our next replacement teacher got into a ski accident over winter break, and our sub for her we got him fired, and now we have Andrea, who seems like a tough marker. I was one of the only people who handed my assignemnt in to her today, in full. Anyone who actually presented their assignment today, has until next week to hand in prints, as the school is having a huge problem with their printers (I don't even want to get into it right now) and almost no one was 100% finished their project. Most people were at least able to present their project via the projecter and their digital file. It wasn't the best way - but at least if they presented, they won't lose 10% off for handing their prints in next week.

I started swatching my Noro Kabuto last night at the knitting meetup - however, I've swatched it with US 6 needles - and didn't get 4 inches across, then tried last night (finishing it today) a swatch with US 7 needles, and then a third attempt with US 8 needles. I can get with US 8 the 16 stitches (4 inches) but I can't get 20 rows - 20 rows is just way to short of 4 inches. So I guess I will NOT be making the sweater from Knit 'n Style with this yarn. I need to find a project to use the yarn for... can't let 15 hanks of Noro go to waste!


My noro stash... Isn't she beautiful? Just need something nice to make with it!

No comments: