Sunday, February 26, 2006

Crochet Hook vs. Afghan Hook

So I tore apart my closet today, and re-organized - I love re-organizing - but now the rest of my office is a war zone! But I'm glad I got what I wanted accomplished, and my closet now looks fantastic. I even have an entire shelf in my closet for my yarn stash. Everything is in ziploc bags, and stored by the same kind of yarn together (obviously).

In cleaning up I found 1 ball of yarn hidden in my stash, for the blanket I wasn't sure if I was finished or not. I will takes pictues of it once it's finished. I will add the ball of yarn that I found - I was actually debating whether to go to the store today to buy 1 more ball, or even maybe 2 - but since finding the 1 - I took it as a sign to just crochet 1 more ball and end the blanket. So I will finish it hopefully in the next few days, as I have other projects to start, and a swap project to finish also!

I also came across the pile of knitting needles and accessories today that I had. In the stash were afghan hooks. They look like crochet hooks, but they aren't. I have tried googling them, and can see pictures what it looks like to use an afghan hook, but can't find anything how HOW TO use it. I could just use them as crochet hooks, they look about the same exact size as it would be in crochet hooks, but I'm curious about this afghan business. If I can't find anything more, I'll ask around.

This evening I finally showered and got my ass over to my parents house for dinner. Dinner was yummy chicken and it was delicious. It was nice to hang out for a little bit at my parent's house.

After dinner, cam home, starting watching Grey's Anatomy, but then got interrupted by a phone call. At least I had a tape going on for it, so I won't miss anything! Anyhow, I'm off to bed. Maybe I'll get a good night's sleep tonight.

No comments: