Monday, January 23, 2006

Post Card Swap & Canadian Elections

I slept in this morning longer than I wanted to - so I didn't get anything accomplished this morning at all. I had a bunch of things that I wanted to get done, but didn't. I did however get the chance to drop off my green purse at the repair shop, as the handle broke before the weekend, and the guy was closed all weekend, and I'm dying for my purse to be fixed. I don't understand why it broke, and it's going to cost me 15$. I don't know if that's plus taxes or including taxes, I guess I will see when I go back at the end of the week or next week to pick it up.

My teacher was all messed up in class this morning as the software that we need for class wasn't installed on the computers properly. (Quark Express). It was there, but locked. So none of us had access to it, and of course the 1 technician that the school has, wasn't there. So... we decided to do our Thursday Visual Communications class this morning, and then decided that it was a better idea to do them every Monday and switch our Monday class to Thursday. This way, I'm in classes only from 12-3pm on Mondays and Thursdays I'm in class from 8-12 instead of 8-11 and then have an hour and a half break before my 12:30-3:30pm class. This way, I only have a half an hour to kill, instead of longer! I liked this idea. It's with the same teacher, so why not?! I don't mind this at all.

When I got home, I started working on my postcards for the post card swap. I have been procrastinating doing them, because I haven't been in the creative mood to do them. For some reason I got inspired today, and started at them. Finished all 10, and will mail them out tomorrow. (BEFORE DEADLINE! I'm so proud of myself - Deadline is postmarked by Saturday, January 28th, 2006). I have scanned them all, and will post them up next week or something, after they've been received! I have swapped to: USA (6), Canada (1), Sweden (1), Australia (1), Northern Ireland (1). I have yet to receive a single postcard from people who have my name - but I am sure as of next week they will start arriving. I can't wait to see what I will receive - I've seen some blog's that I read - some people have posted what they've done, and I secretely hope that I am on their list! (LOL).

This evening I frogged the ripple afghan I was working on, and restarted it. I am MUCH happier with it now, that it's been FIXED! The mistakes were actually really driving me mad! I am a perfectionist, what can I say.

So it looks like Steven Harper of the Conservaties will be our new Prime Minister. So long Paul Martin. However, I don't think that Harper will be any better - he's corrupt. Apparently he's against abortion and wants to remove the same sex marriage law in Canada. That's conservative for you. As a married woman, I don't care about the abortion law, because if I should get pregnant, I won't be having an abortion. But, I am for abortion, it's a woman's right to choose, I wouldn't want to be 15 or 14 or even 18 or even 35, and pregnant, and not want to keep it, but not have the option. And, same sex marriage? My mother-in-law got married just over a year ago (November 27th, 2004) and if the law gets removed, that means she won't be recognized anymore by the government, and what does that mean for her and her wife? Ugh... why are the Canadian elections and politics so damn corrupt?

Well, I'm going to go shower and go to sleep. 8 am class tomorrow morning.

No comments: