Friday, November 11, 2005

Tofu

I got my illustrator exam back this morning, the one I took 2 weeks ago, I'm pretty happy with my mark - I got 16.5/20 (82.5%). I am very happy with that mark. I think I got a higher mark because I decided to do all 5 logos instead of just 4 that were required. This morning I sat through my illustrator class basically looking for images to use to recreate and turn simple shapes into this image. Sounds easy - but it's really not. I was able to find an image of a really cute bug, and I'm going to re-create it, but I started it, got frustrated and then decided to surf the web for the rest of the class. I didn't want to leave early as it would cont as an absence (rather a half absence) and I already missed last week, so I didn't want to miss anymore. I saw her attendance records and I only have 2 absences (The friday before my wedding and last friday) Basically, there is a problem if you've missed more than 3 classes in a row, or 5 classes over the 15 weeks course period. So I am okay, so far, in ALL my classes. I don't usually tend to miss class. However, this morning I was sitting in class thinking, "How long til I get to go home pack up my car and leave for my nephew's house?"

The drive wasn't so bad. 3 hours exactly. We left at 1:30pm, and got there around 4:30pm, chilled with my sister-in-law for a bit, and then went to go pick up my nephew from daycare. He was excited to see us.

Took a nap for almost 2 hours after picking up my nephew and then was woken for dinner. I was really happy to have been able to take that nap, because I am not sure how I drove for 3 hours as I had only gotten 6 hours of sleep on Thursday night, and was up very early for class.

Dinner was fantastic - a tofu stir-fry on noodles (and for me on whole grain brown rice), I actually don't mind tofu. I am not a vegetarian, but I don't mind different stuff.

No comments: