Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Hunted Down The Yarn

I got up this morning when my mother-in-law called me (8:45 am) to tell me she was outside with the cakes she baked for Jamie's birthday. All I have to do is keep it in the freezer until Friday, and then on Saturday, ice it, however I want. I need to pick up icing, but I am going to wait until my sister-in-law comes into town on Friday night, to buy icing, as I've never iced a cake before. Doesn't look that hard though. I am not worried.

I started doing stuff, and getting things accomplished. Around 11 am I was ready to leave my house. I headed out on the hunt for the yarn for my sister's scarf. I foudn what I needed, but only by random, at a random location I spotted on the way home, after trying my luck at like 8 Dollarama's. Some Dollarama's were well stocked, a huge store, but just didn't have any in stock. Some were crappy small stores, that didn't even carry yarn at all. Boy was I frustrated. I even tried going to La Tricoteuse, a store that a friend got me an expensive ball of yarn from once, and I needed more, so she gave me the information. However, they are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Bummer! They probably would ahve had something close enough, yet expensive. BUT... trying to find my way home, I stumbled upon a Dollarama, that I didn't see an address for in the directory when I looked up Dollarama yesterday on Canada411.com - oh well. But just my luck - they had what I needed, and more! They had other kinds of gorgeous colours, of the same soft yarn. So I picked up to make 2 other scarves. Here are the colours:


I was the HAPPIEST girl ever, when I found that random store, with the balls of yarn. I definitely have enough now to make 2 more scarves AND finish my sister's, and make hers even thicker than I was going to! PHEW! (And now I know where to find more, if I need!)At 2pm I got an eyebrow wax and boy did my face (and my spirit) feel SOOOOO much better after getting my eyebrows done! Much needed! The girl that I go to is the only person I trust to wax my eyebrows! I've tried other people before, and she's the only person I like.

I met my mom back at my house after running around the city, she had gone to the vet (our cousin) with Bosco. He now weighs 32.5 pounds! I gave him a tug toy that I got for him this morning out on my adventures around town, and he likes it, but he was pooped from his outing, so mom said she'll let me know later how he likes my toy. I can't wait to photograph him lots lost more.


I got groceries, for dinner and for other stuff to keep in the cupboards, etc... and then headed home. I spoke on the phone with Laura, in my class, and we went over the assignment that is due tomorrow. I just completed it, phew! All done!

I am addicted to these Campbell's Soup at Hand. They are fantastic. I bought myself a few flavors to try, and so far I love the Garden Tomato one. They can be cheap, but they can be expensive, depending on where you buy them. I have my dad looking to see if I can get a case of them at Costco, I asked him to check the next time he goes (since I don't have a Costco membership). I love discovering new things. I am wondering, though, if I can find a case of it at Costco, if it's going to be just one flavor, or if it's going to be assorted. I don't like all the flavors, so assorted may suck!

I finally got a chance to scan my Graphic Design Layout Quiz, which I got 10/10. I am very happy with my mark! We had to include 6 elements: 1 image (rainbow brite), 1 pattern (stars), 1 cropped font (the letter G), 1 line (the blue dotted line), 1 text element (shown by lines) and 1 shape (the green triangle). I really like the work I did here.



Tonight for dinner Jamie and I are having:
BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN BAKE


1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 pkg. (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup Water
1-1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 tsp. dried basil leaves
1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese or Marble Cheese


PREHEAT oven to 400°F. Place tomatoes with their liquid in medium bowl. Add stuffing mix, water and garlic; stir just until stuffing mix is moistened. Set aside.
PLACE chicken in 13x9-inch baking dish; sprinkle with the basil and cheese.
Top with the stuffing mixture.
BAKE 30 min. or until chicken is cooked through.


Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 40 min
Makes: 6 servings


It's in the oven right now baking, and tonight we're having date night. We're going to watch the movie Mr & Mrs. Smith, perhaps play some cards if there is time, and at 10pm, Nip/Tuck is on tv. We haven't had date night in ages, so tonight it's date night!

No comments: